Author Topic: 25th Regiment reg't  (Read 8460 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
25th Regiment reg't
« on: April 11, 2007, 03:06:51 AM »
 That is how an ancestor Patrick Falvey is listed in the Worcester Directory. By 1867 he is not there anymore.

This whole Civil War thing is new to me so that means very little to me.

Does that little tidbit of information mean anything to anyone?

worcmik

• Townie
Re: 25th Regiment reg't
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:12:37 AM »
 A laborer named Falvey, Pat or Mike and his wife Margret lived on Arcade and had a daughter:  Bridget born in Worc. on 2/1/1848   according to Worc.'s Birth record book 1847/8 pg. 80 #109               
also a Falvey, Patrick and his wife Hanna lived on Briggs St. buried a male child at Tatnuck Burial ground, aged 10mins (born/died on 8/28/1857)   According to City Deaths record book. 1 p. 92 # 345   

The 25th Regiment was formed in Worcester. There were quite a few of Worcester's Irish in the regiment, especially in Company E., under Capt. Thomas O'Neil.
     In the 19th century Richard O'Flynn created a list of all Union soldiers buried in St. John's Cemetery, I will retrieve my copy (it is on loan to fellow researchers) and see if Falvey is there. Was he listed in the Worc. directory in 1866, if so he may have made it home from the war, but not necessarily. The directories tend to be a year out dated.  There is other info mixed in with my papers (some also out on loan) that will give us more on this person.  john