Genealogy > Worcester Irish Genealogy/History

RICE/MCEVOY--County Louth to Worcester

(1/4) > >>

NEMSTC:
Researching Anne RICE b. abt. March 1798 d. 1876 Worcester, daughter of Mathew and Mary RICE near Dundalk, Ireland County Louth.  She married Patrick MCEVOY of County Louth, no dates.  Their son, James MCEVOY b. 1830 County Louth ( m. 1853 to Jane Connolly b. 1833 Fermanagh, Ireland d. 1900 Worcester) he d. 1874 Worcester.
Believe they are all buried in St. John's cemetery, Worcester ( no one has photographed the tombstones on findagrave.com yet )
Any connections, help, information etc.  Also would like to know how to get old Worcester newspapers online.
Thanks

corky3:
  Historic newspapers-genealogybank.com although to read anything you need a subscription. Depending on the newspaper-Worcester is not there but Fitchburg is ancestry.com has an historical newspaper section.

merski:
Rice is a very Louth name.  Will check my database and see what I have.

merski:
Patrick McAvoy (sic) died 18 Dec. 1863 wife is Anne & 2 small children   St. John's cemetery by Richard O'Flynn   Look into Patrick serving in the Civil war because of the date

Can this one be yours?

NEMSTC:
Thank you for the imput. Worcester is clustered with plenty of McEvoy/McAvoy families, however, I'll look into the Patrick you provided.
We have a few Patricks that don't branch out too far:  1--Patrick married to Anne Rice was born in Co Louth abt. 1799-1803 and we can't confirm he sailed to USA, but we have records of Anne and her children: Thomas, James, Michael, Patrick( b. abt 1833) and Margaret arriving 12 April 1853 on the Manhattan.

2--Anne's son , James, had a Patrick b. 22 Dec. 1863 and d. 8 Aug.  1871. 3--- Anne's husband, Patrick, had a brother, Thomas who married Catherine Kirk--their son, Patrick at age 21 came over on the South Carolina into Boston 17 Dec 1850.  Would love to find them all buried in St. John's with detailed note cards in their church office.

We also have this last- mentioned Patrick married to "unknown" with two children, Thomas Edward and Katherine (I'll look into your Patrick--could be him?)

Lastly, what did you mean by "St. John's cemetery by Richard O'Flynn??"

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version