Genealogy > Worcester Irish Genealogy/History

RICE/MCEVOY--County Louth to Worcester

<< < (2/4) > >>

merski:
First of all the Patrick I gave you might have died from older age rather than Civil war if he was the father of James and his wife Ann's last name was Rice.  Worcester Historian Richard O'Flynn went to St. John's Cemetery and to the old Tatnuck cemetery and transcribed stones around 1900?  Some of these are now unreadable or have been replaced and some were boards with names scratched into them. Don't concern yourself about spelling variations with McEvoy/McAvoy.   The irish Rices that came to Worcester were from Ravensdale & Ballmacandlin...is your ann from around there?  I think Ravensdale was an estate and many were helped by the landlord to emigrate.

Where do you live?  Can you get to the Worcester library?

NEMSTC:
Yes, our Anne lived in the area of Ravensdale, Ballmacandin and Dundalk.  Anne also had relatives in Marlborough,MA.  Then,too, I have a photograph of my mother standing next to two graves in St. John's; one was the McAvoy stone, the other show an Owen Rice.  We also have a Hugh Owen on a non-direct branch.

Is old Tatnuck cemetery catholic?  O'Flynn's work online?

Although I was born in Worcester (WWII) with the McAvoys, I have strong genealogy ties to Berkshire county especially West Stockbridge, Stockbridge, Richmond, and Pittsfield---Irish relatives worked the ore mines and farmed ( Careys and Sullivans)

I now live in Florida---happy retirement.

P.S.----I have found actual house numbers and street names of Rices in the city of Dundalk but not primary sources to say for sure they are my relatives.

merski:
I have some info on those Rices.  Will post here when I get some time...gotta go to work!

merski:
Please private message me so I can exchange emails.

merski:
Will mail stuff off to you.  Doolargy and Ravensdale are both townlands in the parish of Ballymascanlan in the Barony of Lower Dundalk in the poor law union of Dundalk so O'Flynn's notation and the other stuff is not necessarily in conflict.

Liverpool to Boston arriving 15 April 1848   The Sunbeam  are 3 family groups of Rices that appear in worcester with similar names and ages
                                         19 August 1850 on the Jessica are Hugh and Alice Rice and their brood.

Think you should think outside the box on this .  It is likely that the Rices from Louth are all related.  Hope that's true!  Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version