Author Topic: Descendants of Peter Beaulac of Worcester  (Read 6381 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Descendants of Peter Beaulac of Worcester
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:36:21 AM »
  I am wondering if there are any descendants living in Worcester of Peter and Margaret Beaulac. I am wondering if this family connects with my husband's Beaulacs who lived in Worcester in the early 1900s.

I am thinking there might be a connection because Francis Xavier also named as Xavier's father was Pierre Beaulac and this Peter Beaulac (not his son who seemed to go by the name Peter) also is listed as Pierre. Peter/Pierre would have been around the same age as Francis/Frank and could possibly been a brother. What I need to find is if they have the same parents- Pierre Beaulac and Louise Couture of Sorel,Richelieu, Quebec.

The information I have for Pierre/Peter was that he was born June 1840 in French Canada and died in Worcester on July 31, 1917. His wife is Margaret(b. March, 1842 Canada) and she appears to have died in Worcester in the late 1920s.According to the 1910 Census they had been married for 52 years-around 1859 in Canada. Although the family had 9 living children at the time I can only find the name of five-Rosy(March 1877 Canada), Mary L(November 1884 Massachusetts), James(October,1880 Massachusetts), Frank(January,1882 Massachusetts) and Peter(1862 Canada). Peter seems to have died early but did marry. The family appears to have immigrated in 1992 although at least some of the children were born in Massachusetts although I can not find their birth information in Worcester at NEHGS.

It would be interesting to see if this family is connected to my Beaulacs and,perhaps, the reason my Beaulacs moved from Essex New York to Worcester. Both Frank and Peter are listed as carpenters.