Author Topic: Kapowich, Salduk, Babbitt  (Read 10518 times)

bgchrissy

• Just Moved Here
Kapowich, Salduk, Babbitt
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:27:07 AM »
Looking specifically for any marriage records of the Kapowich siblings.  Eva (1880), Maggie (1887), John George (1889) and Annie (1891).  Given birth years from 1900 Census records.  

The 1900 Census lists 4 Kapowich siblings (Eva, Maggie, John George, and Annie) living in the home of their mother and step-father.  Census was found under William Caldak (misspelling of Salduk).  I am trying to find out what happened to the Kapowich girls.   In 1910 I find:

Name:   Annie Kapowick [Annie Kapowich]    
Age in 1910:   18      
Estimated birth year:   abt 1892      
Birthplace:   Massachusetts      
Relation to Head of House:   Boarder       
Father's Birth Place:   Russia       
Mother's Birth Place:   Russia       
Home in 1910:   Worcester Ward 6, Worcester, Massachusetts      
Marital Status:   Single       
Race:   White      
Household Members:   Name   Age      
   Holury Babbit    31    Salesman, wallpaper   
   Eva Babbit    29    Employment bureau   
   Gladys Babbit    2       
   Annie Kapowick    18    Employment bureau   
   Mildred Pardock    19    Servant, private family   

Eva Babbitt had given birth to 2 children/1 living. Married 9 years (1901).  Immigration year may be 1883.Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Worcester Ward 6, Worcester, Massachusetts; Roll: T624_632; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 1888; Image: 814.  On Millbury Street.

I can find no census listing beyond 1910 for Annie Kapowich so she may have married.  I am trying to figure out if Annie’s sister, Eva is the Eva Babbitt above.  

Worcester City Directories for the year 1920 shows an Eva Babbitt
Employment Offices

Babbitt, Eva E Mrs., 578 Main

Massachusetts City Directories
Name: eva babbitt  
Title: Worcester Directory 1920
Year: 1920  
City: Worcester  
Book Section: City Information  
Page: 983  
Source: Worcester Directory, 1920. Worcester, Mass.: Sampson and Murdock Co., 1920.  

The same 1920 directory gives her residence as:  8 Linwood
Looking up the Linwood address I find the following in the home:

Babbitt, Eva E
Kapowich, John G      
Salduk, William
Thompson, John W

I already know that William Salduk is John G Kapowich’s step-father and John W Thompson is the husband of John Thompson’s daughter Nellie.  John G Kapowich married Margaret Nugent in 1918.  His burial was at St John’s – funeral services at St. Andrew the Apostle Church.  The Kapowich name was sometimes spelled Kapowick or Kapowicz.   Any marriage records out there?

kecologic

• Just Moved Here
Re: Kapowich, Salduk, Babbitt
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
Hi, I have recently been doing some research on Ancestry.com and hit a dead end with William Salduk until I googled his name and found your post.  I don't think I have any further information for you at present, but I did want to thank you for clearing up some of the mystery.  If I do find more information, I will gladly share it.  Also, if you have found anything new, please let me know.  Also, please use my more direct email:  keco@ mac.com

Thanks,

Keith Coker

kecologic

• Just Moved Here
Re: Kapowich, Salduk, Babbitt
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
By the way,  John and Nellie(Salduk) Thompson are my great-grandparents;  My grandmother is one of their daughters, Dorothy(Thompson) Klosky, and I am the son of her daughter Karen.   Just an FWI.