General > Worcester Chit Chat

Lincoln Square Boys Club

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mike Rucci:
I remember the club Remember roger edmonds he use to say  swimming for esses aesses and bca,s Mr lahair was the swimming guy used to say your belly buttons showing, lol  dave edmonds  mr dean went every day

Rob:
Wood shop in the basement. One or two boys per workbench. Locking tool crib with its back on the outside wall. Learned proper way to use and care for tools, especially NEVER lay down a wood plane with the blade facing down into the workbench. Power tools such as band saw, saw table, and lathe were for older boys only.

timcoyle50:

--- Quote from: Rob on March 05, 2007, 04:44:54 AM ---What are your memories of Lincoln Square Boys Club?

--- End quote ---
How about the senior room on the 4th floor. 14 made you a senior back in the 60s Play pool or watch TV & you could smoke. And there were the Saturday afternoon movie in the same room you rollerskated in later.

The swimming instructor Dick LaHair.

Rob:
A summer day camp program called "POPS" started in the 1960s and grew quickly in popularity. We spent half the day at Lincoln Square, half the day at Sunderland Road property, and brought our own brown bag lunches. The program ran in July but not in August because the Boys Club was closed in August.

jim28518:
Remembering. Senior room on the 4th floorand, I was not being old enough, and the club had a  fine woodworking shop in the basement. Believe it cost something like 35 cents to do a project in late 1950's. I went once a week to complets the project, believe it was a wooden bread basket for MOM, or maybe a cutting board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version