Author Topic: CROMPTON AND KNOWLES  (Read 6672 times)

Deb Sinha

CROMPTON AND KNOWLES
« on: June 21, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »
hi,

i am working on a project that is trying to locate the old facilities of worcester. one among them is the CROMPTON AND KNOWLES. can anyone tell me what would be the present day address for this former loom?

thanks,

deb.

Steve Copeland

Re: CROMPTON AND KNOWLES
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 12:18:32 AM »
Hi...

I'm trying to locate a contact for Crompton & Knowles also.  We want to find out information about a piece of machinery that they bought back in 1943.  Did you find anything yet?

Steve

Mike M.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 06:36:41 AM »
The former Crompton & Knowles Co. is located at the corner of Grand and Illinois St. in Worcester.  The building is still standing and other companies are now occupying the space mainly as a warehouse.  I am not sure how you get in touch with anyone who has worked at the former company though, since it has been closed for quite some time.

mom23sons

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 08:03:05 AM »
Don't know if this will help you but ..Crompton has merged with Great Lakes Chemical to form Chemtura Corporation. You mail them at 199 Benson Rd. Middlebury CT 06749 . Here is a link to the website, with history, timeline, contact info etc.
http://www.cromptoncorp.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Crompton/Page/home&c=Page&cid=984583117820