Author Topic: A HUGE favor-death look-up  (Read 7954 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
A HUGE favor-death look-up
« on: October 11, 2006, 07:04:32 AM »
 If someone could please do me a huge favor- I am trying to find a death date for Mary A (Horgan) Doyle. It was one of the few individuals I forgot when I had my free Mass Vital week.

What I know is this. She is there in the 1920 Census in Worcester and not by 1930 when her husband Daniel Joseph Doyle and daughter Mary are living with his sisters, Josephine and Julia.

She was born May, 1900. Beside a death date I am trying to confirm parents. I tried the Worcester Directories at WPL but I could not find her. I think-since they are really the only people that fit are Dennis and Catherine Horgan of Worcester.

I would like to send for a death certificate but I only have a possible 10 year spread.

Thank you.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: A HUGE favor-death look-up
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »
 Thank you very much. That gives me an actual birth date and confirms her parentage which confirms the work I did on Ancestry.

Does anyone know if the City Clerk will do a search for a ten year span for a death certificate?

I confess I am curious because she died fairly young.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 02:44:23 AM »
I believe the city clerk will look for the death using an index first....if you give the info that it was in a ten year span and with the parents listed, they will be able to home in on the correct record.  You may be able to contact them online.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:25:29 AM »
  That's exactly what I did so we will know by the end of the week the success of the endeavor.

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »
 Well I learned yesterday that the City Clerk could not find this individual did not die in Worcester after a 25 year search which lead me down another path which may turn out to be a rather sad story.

I am sending for another death certificate elsewhere in MA to see if this is the relative I am seeking and what that may tell me.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 08:43:13 AM »
Hi Corky,
I looked at the Worcester directories on line which places Daniel J at 30 Aetna yr ending 1921, 1922 he seems to be missing (there is a Daniel J listed but not a polisher), jumps to 1924 he is listed at 60 Green Street.  During this time, no wives were listed just heads of household.  In 1926 he is listed as living at 23 Chandler with the rest of the Doyle/Hoey families until they all move to 19 Chandler.  Could she have died between 1924 & 1926 when he moved in with his sister?  I'm sure you have already but did you check with St. John's or where Daniel is buried?  And lastly, I believe it is the New Bedford Library who has a list of deaths in Massachusetts beyond 1910.
Just my thoughts, Cheryl

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
 Thanks Cheryl but I am pretty certain the Doyles did not leave Worcester. Daniel worked for the Water Department all his adult life and according to obit he lived there all his life.

I did find  record of an individual with the same name and the same birthdate who died in Bridgewater in 1994. I think what intrigued me was the confusion of either Doyle or the census taker of his marital status-it looks like he could not decide between widowed or divorced.

My guess he was neither-he never remarried,nor did his daughter marry, and lived with his sister Julia at his death. My guess is his wife left the family unit for some other reason than death. I have sent for a death certificate from Bridgewater. I may be way off base but my guess is that Doyle probably got a religious annulement -she went back to her maiden name. Maybe I am just being dramatic and the certificate may not reveal anything at all or be of the wrong individual.

It is interesting that New Bedford has records beyond 1910.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 05:32:19 AM »
corky, i found her Mary Broberg buried with her parents
email me:clabre1068@aol.com

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 06:41:14 AM »
Just emailed you.