Author Topic: A few brief inquiries on people and a place or two  (Read 5238 times)

kist news

• Just Moved Here
A few brief inquiries on people and a place or two
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:09:11 AM »
Haven't been back to Worcester since mid-90's for death in family....prior to that since Air Force leaves in the 1950's.

Wondering what happened to the old YD Diner at Hope Ave. and Southbridge Streets.

Anyone know whereabouts of Herb Perks...lived just off of Hope Avenue.  Worked for Telegram and Gazette for a time.  Also...Ernie Hebert who lived near the YD Diner.
Others in South Worcester neighborhood....George Bennett, Richard Hosegood who lived on Tracy Place, Bob Townsend, Judy Pollard, Robert Delage on Belisle Ave?

Is the El Morocco Restaurant still in existence?  Aboody family I recall were owners.

What ever happened to Leesville Pond?  Looked dry to me when we drove by in '94.

last_unicorn

• Just Moved Here
  • Old Clarkie '73
Re: A few brief inquiries on people and a place or two
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:36:18 AM »
I believe that the El Morocco Restaurant is long gone.  :-[

last_unicorn

Haven't been back to Worcester since mid-90's for death in family....prior to that since Air Force leaves in the 1950's.

Wondering what happened to the old YD Diner at Hope Ave. and Southbridge Streets.

Anyone know whereabouts of Herb Perks...lived just off of Hope Avenue.  Worked for Telegram and Gazette for a time.  Also...Ernie Hebert who lived near the YD Diner.
Others in South Worcester neighborhood....George Bennett, Richard Hosegood who lived on Tracy Place, Bob Townsend, Judy Pollard, Robert Delage on Belisle Ave?

Is the El Morocco Restaurant still in existence?  Aboody family I recall were owners.

What ever happened to Leesville Pond?  Looked dry to me when we drove by in '94.

pajkaki

• Just Moved Here
Re: A few brief inquiries on people and a place or two
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
I too remember the El Morrocco Restaurant.  It's been a long time though.  I had a part time job in the 50's while in high school (Central Shoe Repair on Foster St.) where I worked with one of the Aboody family members (Bobby) who also attended Commerce with me.