Author Topic: Carl Frederick Hallstrom and his wife Christina Hallstrom/Skog  (Read 19911 times)

Klabben

• Just Moved Here
I want all information about Carl Fredrick Hallstrom born in Sweden probably 1836 and his wife Christina Hallstrom/Skog born in Sweden 1849. I know that they settled in Worcester, but not when. I eather know when they came to Worcester from Sweden. Did they had children together? He died 1901-06-26  in MA, she 1905-07-25 in MA.
Sten Östlund, Sweden

cheryl

• Townie
Re: Carl Frederick Hallstrom and his wife Christina Hallstrom/Skog
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:07:44 AM »
1900 Census
They have three children, Frederick b. Feb 1886; Olga b. Oct 1887; Edith b. April 1891
They live at 22 Carbon Street, Worcester, Worcester, Mass. as early as 1892
Married 16 years (I have been unable to find this record)
He immigrated 1882, her 1883
Her death record states name Christina Orstrom

Klabben

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:52:01 AM »
1900 Census
They have three children, Frederick b. Feb 1886; Olga b. Oct 1887; Edith b. April 1891
They live at 22 Carbon Street, Worcester, Worcester, Mass. as early as 1892
Married 16 years (I have been unable to find this record)
He immigrated 1882, her 1883
Her death record states name Christina Orstrom
Thanks so much!
I also wonder about Frederick Hallstrom: When he arrived tu USA 1882 was he married (ev with Johanna born 1829 in Sweden)??. I try to finds his roots in Sweden.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:44:29 AM »
This is a possibility:
Hellstrom    Johanna C.(Brandine)    Worcester    1883    Death    image not available    image not available   

Klabben

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »
Thanks very much for the information about Johanna Hellström/Brandin born in Hellefors, Sweden, 1828-01-04. She was married to  Anders Fredrik Hellström, who was born in Hellefors 1836-01-26. They emigrated 1882 from Sweden together with their daughter Emma born 1864-08-03. I hope to proof, that he is the same person as Carl Frederick Hallström. So, are there any information about the wedding between Frederick Hallström and Christina Skog? Has he some first name besides Frederick? Is he mentioned as widover?
We know that Frederick came to USA 1882 and Christina (the second time) 1883. I want if possible to know, wherefrom they came in Sweden and if they came together with other persons?
More questiones: Are that special census for Massachusetts? In that case what years?
Many problems!!
I am willing to help people who helps me with "searching roots" in Sweden.
Sten Östlund

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »
Sten,
I have found records of Gustaf W Hellstrom age 24, marrying in Worcester 1885, his parents were Frederick & Johanna Hellstrom.  Do you know if your Carl Frederick & Johanna Hellstrom had a son by this name?  Also, I can't find much on Orstrom or Skogs but did find a John Alfred Skogsberg whose parents names were Oliver & Annie.  Do you have the names of Christina's Skogs parents?  Do you have a copy of the obituarities for Carl Frederick & Christina Orstrom Hellstrom? 
If I am reading your message correct, your relative is Anders Frederick Hellstrom from Hellefors, Sweden and you think Carl Frederick Hellstrom who died 1901 in Worcester is the same man? 
If you post your email, I will send you a copy of the 1900 census.
Cheryl

Klabben

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 01:06:40 AM »
Cheryl,
 I am retired so I have a lot of spare time. I work volontary at "The House of Genealogy" here in Leksand. We have register for all parish on microfische to 1910 about. But we also have access to Ancestry. so I have seen the family Frederick Hulstrom 1900 earlier. But there are false dates there, f. i. Christina who was born 1849 in Sweden. (I have found her roots in Sweden)
Gustaf W Hellström is a son to A.Fredrik Hellström born 1836 and Charlotta Brandin born 1828. The son is born1861-10-12 in Hellefors.
I do not have a copy of the obituarities for Carl (Anders) Frederick & Christina Örström/Skog/Hallstrom. I guess that it has something to do with their death. Can yuo bring me this copies?
I am involved in this case, because my grandfather on my mothers side had a sister Ada Becker(born 1876). She emigrated to Worcester, where she 1897 married Charles Adolf Skog/Hallström, son to Christina Örström in he first marriage with Olof Skog.
Charles Adolf is born in Water Valley, Yalobusha, Mississippi. I met aunt Ada 1937, when she visited us in Sweden.
So I try to find her husbond´s stepfathers roots in Sweden.
Sten
My e-mail: sten.ostlund@telia.com

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »
Sten,
I went to the Worcester Public Library and looked up the obituarities for Carl & Christine Hellstrom.  There was only a small announcement which didn't give any details.  There was a Swedish Newspaper around this time in Worcester but I don't read Swedish sorry I couldn't find anything more. 
Cheryl

Klabben

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »
Sten,
I went to the Worcester Public Library and looked up the obituarities for Carl & Christine Hellstrom.  There was only a small announcement which didn't give any details.  There was a Swedish Newspaper around this time in Worcester but I don't read Swedish sorry I couldn't find anything more. 
Cheryl

Cheryl
Thank you for your trying. You have already helped me to proof that Anders Fredrik Hellström went to Worcester. Do you think that it is possible to find the birth records for the three children to Frederik and Christina Hallstrom.( Frederick b. Feb 1886; Olga b. Oct 1887; Edith b. April 1891.) Maybe you can see if the father has the name Anders (Andrew) or the first letter A together with Frederick.
Sten

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
Cheryl, get the obits in swedish anyway, they're actually easy to translate or you can just send him the photocopies and let him read them.