Author Topic: Healds / Nortons Beach Parks  (Read 8321 times)

Deerhawk

• Just Moved Here
Healds / Nortons Beach Parks
« on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
Soooo...I was doing this geneology thing tonight....actualy it's like 1am west coast, trying as always to nail down my Mom's side of the family.
I cruised this site before, but never logged on (spend enough time on the putter)
Then the Healds / Nortons thing came to mind....my Dad worked at Healds....I don't know 25-30 years...ended up with a gold watch.
But we hung out at the Beach Park during the summer when not on vacation....I want to say starting in like 62??
I went back a few pages here, didn't look like anyone had done this yet (could be wrong)
I grew up in N.Worcester as did both my parents...my little brother might even have an old pass.
Do swimming lessons with Mr. Pinto ring a bell??  8)
I got a ton of Indian Lake memories.....U?
No Borders...No Compromise!

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
Re: Healds / Nortons Beach Parks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
Remember Nortan/Heald beach was a nice place to swim after work. I worked at Heald 1964-70 then moved South. I went through a Heald training program and knew many of the shop and office people, may have even known your Dad.

Deirdre

• Just Moved Here
Re: Healds / Nortons Beach Parks
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:38 AM »
My father used to take my brothers and sisters and I to Healds beach in the 60's.  We loved it!  I remember the white fence in the water that we were not to swim past because we were too short.  There was one of those floating white square docks further out that my brothers would swim to.  I remember the bath house had a popsicle machine that sold those orange creamsicles.  We would always get a creamsicle before we left the beach.  Great memories of Healds beach  :)