Author Topic: Holland Rink?  (Read 14360 times)

Whattever4

• Just Moved Here
Holland Rink?
« on: July 15, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
 Does anyone remember this place? Not sure if that was the name of it. It was alittle swimmimg pond they had at the foot of Green Hill Park.

suzandersn

• Just Moved Here
Re: Holland Rink?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »
 How well Ii remember well the little mud pond on one side of Green Hill Park. It was across the street from the big insuance co. You dad to keep swimming so your feet never touched the slimey bottom. I still have a scar from when i was 7 and someone dove on top of me.

Whattever4

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 03:43:20 PM »
How well Ii remember well the little mud pond on one side of Green Hill Park. It was across the street from the big insuance co. You dad to keep swimming so your feet never touched the slimey bottom. I still have a scar from when i was 7 and someone dove on top of me.

Hey we're lucky we're still alive after swimming in that place!!! Nice to hear from someone that shared in that experience--and is still here to talk about it :)

Deirdre

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
I remember Holland Rink!  I grew up off Lincoln Street and my brothers and sisters and I would walk to Holland Rink to go swimming.  One time my older sister cut her foot on a piece of glass and started bleeding.  That was the end of swimming there.   I remember they had fireworks on the fourth of July.  Route 290 was not there yet.  Green Hill Park used to extend all the way to Holland Rink but it was bulldozed in the late 60's to make way for 290.  People would sit all over the hill and watch the fireworks at Holland Rink.  Great memories!