Author Topic: Looking For Family of Alice Peters Cutress and/or Sroor Peters  (Read 14094 times)

KathyMR64

• Just Moved Here
Alice Peters Cutress was my grandmother and Sroor Peters was her father.  My grandmother passed away in April of 92.  She was very private about her parents an never spoke of them while I was growing up.  I have always wondered about them an would love to meet any family members who might know anything.

Wasn't til a few yrs ago when my father Randy Cutress (he is a very private person too, lol) told me that Sroor and his wife were an arranged marraige in Damascus Syria.  One of them was Syrian an I believe the other was Lebanese, just not sure who was which.  They came to Mass by way of Mississippi I believe.

I have always been fascinated by the "secrecy" of my great grandparents, an other than the info I have mentioned, I know nothing else about them.  If anyone has any info, it would be sooooooo greatly appreciated.

I do remember meeting some of my grandmothers siblings as a small child, but I don't remember names other than surnames of possibly "George", and I know some were living in Shrewsbury and up around the Massasoit Rd area of Worcester.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with info,  ;D

traveler

• Just Moved Here
Re: Looking For Family of Alice Peters Cutress and/or Sroor Peters
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
On Ancestry.com I find your family in the 1930 census:
Peters,Snoor age 48
         Sina           46
         Rose          23
         Eva            20
         Zahae         18
         Lydia          17
         Alice           15
         George       12
         Helen          10
         Jeanette     8
         Michael        6
         John            3and some months
Both parents were born in Syria and came to this country in 1902 and he has naturalization papers pending. He is a peddlar in dry goods. The first two girls were born in Mississippi.
If you want to see this entry for yourself, Ancestry. com is having a free 3 day trial. One important thing to know is you must cancel them by the 3 day limit or they charge your card. You can also use Ancestry at many librarys.  Marion

KathyMR64

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »
On Ancestry.com I find your family in the 1930 census:
Peters,Snoor age 48
         Sina           46
         Rose          23
         Eva            20
         Zahae         18
         Lydia          17
         Alice           15
         George       12
         Helen          10
         Jeanette     8
         Michael        6
         John            3and some months
Both parents were born in Syria and came to this country in 1902 and he has naturalization papers pending. He is a peddlar in dry goods. The first two girls were born in Mississippi.
If you want to see this entry for yourself, Ancestry. com is having a free 3 day trial. One important thing to know is you must cancel them by the 3 day limit or they charge your card. You can also use Ancestry at many librarys.  Marion

OMG THANK YOU!!!  Soooooooo much from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!  You have NO idea how much this means to  me!!  You are an angel!!!  Thank you again so very very much!!!

traveler

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »
Kathy, I do my family and my husband's genealogy and I love the search. I remember very well the joy I felt the first time I found my father in his family in the 1920 census.I have your family in the 1920 census in Worcester. There is a Joseph, age 23, who is listed as brother. Mary, Rosa and Eva are born in Mississippi. The family is listed as follows:
Peters, Michael head 38 peddler dry goods
Sina wife 33
Mary dau 15
Rose dau 13
Eva dau 10
Zahee dau9
Lydia dau 8
Alice dau 4 and 8/12
George son 2 and ?/12
?helan dau 1 and 1/12
Joseph brother 23 Laborer
There is more information in each census than I'm sending. Marion

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:40 AM »
Hi Kathy
My husband and children are your cousins.   They're Zahae's family.  Feel free to email us for contact.  There are several cousins in and around Worcester still living and attending St George's.  We're posting this so late after your original email, hope that you're still looking here.   My mother-in-law June would like to get in touch with your father.

Sarahwdonnelly@yahoo.com