Author Topic: Friday Night on Lake Ave  (Read 7314 times)

Frankie

• Just Moved Here
Friday Night on Lake Ave
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:01:09 AM »
Coreys Hot Dog Stand, Ole Solo Mio, etc

Whattever4

• Just Moved Here
Re: Friday Night on Lake Ave
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »
Coreys Hot Dog Stand, Ole Solo Mio, etc

The Wigwam? I hear they are still in Worcester, just moved somewhere else. Do u know where?

traveler

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 02:33:36 PM »
Sammy, the owner of the Wigwam, opened a small resturant near St John's Cemetery which he ran for a number of years,but he is out of the business now

oldtimer

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:42:44 AM »
How about the ' drag races ' that never happened on Lake Ave every Friday and Saturday night... ;D

Went to and participated in a few of those races that never happened... ;) Danny Myers , Nicky Liseno , Richie Cosenza...to name a few more non-participants... 8)

suzandersn

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 06:49:33 AM »
I grew up on Lake Ave (and yes some of those names are familliar). Then there was the Lake Park end of Coburn avenue.  All those nature lovers weekend nights. Sadly, it is now non-drag racers who still keep ending up dead or dismembered in front of my Mom's house because they miss the curve (?) while supposedly going 30 mph,

oldtimer

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 07:13:44 AM »
Suz , you remember Howie Klatsky ? Use to live on Coburn Ave and always had a Chevy hot rod of some sort parked in his driveway... ;)

suzandersn

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 05:25:09 PM »
Name sounds familiar. I had 5 brothers and was quite the tomboy growing up on Lake Q. Had a sailboat, made mother insane when boyfriend gave me a hydroplane to try and kill myself in.  Wennt to Sacred Heart but had a lot of friends from Grafton hill and hung around Lake view area..  Gosh we did some insane things as kids.