Author Topic: CHARLES THE RASTA/ CAT  (Read 5454 times)

John Griffin

CHARLES THE RASTA/ CAT
« on: September 02, 2002, 07:54:13 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to find out where or what happened to Charles the Rastafarian who used to do radio over at WCUW in the 80's. He was rather skinny, thin dreads, always wore a hat, likes to talk alot, used to live over on Park Ave at the Swill Pit. Also trying to locate a guy who used to call himself Cat. His real name is Shawn and he used to hang out downtown on the Worcester Commons. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

worcmik

• Townie
Re: CHARLES THE RASTA/ CAT
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:09:10 PM »
I did a short internship at WCUW in the mid-80s so I know of whom you speak. I have not seen Charles in quite some time, never knew him well, but I would see him from time to time at Monyahan's bar, across the street from WCUW. Last I knew, the poet (brown hair, wire-frame glasses about 50 years old now) from that area tended bar there (days) he would remember Charles.
Didn't know Cat. 

princess

• Just Moved Here
Re: CHARLES THE RASTA/ CAT
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:26:50 AM »
Hello,

I don't know who it is  you are looking for.  I haven't heard of them.  I thought maybe you can help me.  I am looking for a guy called "Rebel" he was in the Worcester area in the late 70's.  His name is Gary Sargent.  He kind of looks like Dog on Dog the Bounty Hunter.  I lost touch with him and just trying to get in touch again.  He worked at Peakload. Probably that doesnt even exist any more.  There was a Greyhound bus stop behind it.  It was kind of a rough neighborhood.  Any info would be great. Thanks and God Bless.,,,,,,Princess