Author Topic: Looking for Barber  (Read 7959 times)

stumped

• Just Moved Here
Looking for Barber
« on: September 12, 2005, 04:14:41 PM »
I have just recently been trying to locate my grandfather, Harry Labuff (born 1893 in Worcester)and great-grandfather, ?? Labuff who I believe was a barber in Worcester because I have a photograph of him in a barbershop with two other gentlemen.  Some of the signs on the walls that I can make out advertise businesses on Front Street and Washington Square. I also have a photograph of my grandfather Harry Labuff in front of a panio.  I believe he went to college in Worcester and received some type of musicial degree.  Can any one help me?  Thank you.

sanybelian

• Just Moved Here
Re: Looking for Barber
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 01:01:30 PM »
Hi,  Some of my LeBuff family lived in the Worcester area in the late 19th Century.  I cannot find anyone with that spelling around there today.  I did find some LaBuffs there, so there may have been a change in the surname spelling after 1880.  Does anyone out there have a clue if this is true?  Does anyone know any LaBuff around Worcester they can put me in contact with?  Thanks.

beau52

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 02:51:15 AM »
I have just recently been trying to locate my grandfather, Harry Labuff (born 1893 in Worcester)and great-grandfather, ?? Labuff who I believe was a barber in Worcester because I have a photograph of him in a barbershop with two other gentlemen.  Some of the signs on the walls that I can make out advertise businesses on Front Street and Washington Square. I also have a photograph of my grandfather Harry Labuff in front of a panio.  I believe he went to college in Worcester and received some type of musicial degree.  Can any one help me?  Thank you.

beau52

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 03:02:54 AM »
Hi.Im Dennis Beausoleil and I just found this board.Almost 99 percent of my ancestors are from quebec.I dont have this surname but I have access to the census records and I found a John and Tilla Labuff who had one son according to the 1910 census in worcester living on chandler steet.John,age 46,married 21 years,born canada,parents born canada,immigration date 1886,and the magic word his occupation is BARBER.BARBER SHOP,Tilla wife,age 39,married 21 years,born canada,parents born canada.immigration date 1886.Harry J,son,age 17,born massachusetts,parents born canada,occupation,PIANIST,ORCHESTRA.Just email me and I can forward the census page to you.He must of used his other name that begins with J in other census years because I dont find harry labuff before or after this.do you know what it stands for,Joseph maybe?

stumped

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 09:48:56 AM »
Hi Dennis:

Thank you so much for responding to my email. This is definitely my greatgrandfather and greatgrandmother.  I just found out that my gr-grandmother's name was Matilda so I guess she went by Tilla.  Also, my grandfather was a pianist.  I don't know what the J stands for.  My email address is egish@cfl.rr.com. I would appreciate very much if you would send me the 1910 census. Thanks again.