Author Topic: Worcester Restaurants  (Read 11956 times)

TwistyKat

• Just Moved Here
Worcester Restaurants
« on: September 20, 2005, 11:54:47 AM »
Since the landscape of Worcester's restaurant scene is always changing, anyone care to comment on their current favorites? Or maybe places they would not recommend?

One of my all times favorites is Harlequin in the Beechwood, however the last time I was there, Valentines Day (I think), I was a little bit disappointed. I'll excuse any place I like once or twice - especially on a holiday rush. I'll go again with high expectations and hopefully will not be disappointed.

I used to enjoy Cafe Amore just as much. I was very sad to see it go.

I've never been a bit fan of the Toolhouse, but I'm sure that's a minority opinion. It's certainly a fun and vibrant place, but to me the food is not up to expectations. Not bad to be sure - just not as great as one might be lead to believe. 

elbow

• Just Moved Here
Re: Worcester Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »
Nancy Chang on Pleasant St, best Chinese in town (no MSGs) and a nice atmosphere

Zipango sushi and steak - on Shrewsbury St - all around great food, service, drinks, atmosphere, valet parking

Piccolos - Shrewsbury St, expensive but very nice quality food and presentation

Zia's Grill - the best kept secret in Worcester - shrewsbury St next to Scano's bakery.  only open for breakfast, lunch - go for Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday (before 1:00).  They always have fresh watermelon and she makes things with really fresh ingredients.  my favorite there is pancakes with white chocolate, peaches and strawberry or her breakfast quesadilla.  wow

Sano Cafe at the Living Earth - not the most beautiful but wow, I always feel so good after eating their food - YUM, large selection of vegetarian, vegan and carnivorous (but free range) choices.  good juices and desserts. 

Corner Grill - on Pleasant St for upscale pizza.  My favorite is Engine #9

I wasn't that impressed with the Union Station restaurant, although it is such a beautiful setting.  I wish we had a tapas bar in town, a good burrito joint (although Tacos Mexicano Parilla in Green Island is pretty good and very authentic), and a cevicheria...

ww1acepilot

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 06:56:22 AM »
Nancy Chang on Pleasant St, best Chinese in town (no MSGs) and a nice atmosphere

Zipango sushi and steak - on Shrewsbury St - all around great food, service, drinks, atmosphere, valet parking

Piccolos - Shrewsbury St, expensive but very nice quality food and presentation

Zia's Grill - the best kept secret in Worcester - shrewsbury St next to Scano's bakery.  only open for breakfast, lunch - go for Breakfast on Saturday or Sunday (before 1:00).  They always have fresh watermelon and she makes things with really fresh ingredients.  my favorite there is pancakes with white chocolate, peaches and strawberry or her breakfast quesadilla.  wow

Sano Cafe at the Living Earth - not the most beautiful but wow, I always feel so good after eating their food - YUM, large selection of vegetarian, vegan and carnivorous (but free range) choices.  good juices and desserts. 

Corner Grill - on Pleasant St for upscale pizza.  My favorite is Engine #9

I wasn't that impressed with the Union Station restaurant, although it is such a beautiful setting.  I wish we had a tapas bar in town, a good burrito joint (although Tacos Mexicano Parilla in Green Island is pretty good and very authentic), and a cevicheria...

zoyapup

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »
I thought that Dino's on Lord street was the best restaurant in Worcester when i was in high school in the seventies and I still think that today when I do my annual return to the city for their fantastic lasagna.  It is a great atmosphere with wonderful service and food.  The pricing is very moderate also.  A great all around restaurant for dates or family dinners.

joeeastside

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »
For the best steak in worcester bypass the chophouse and go to Fred Potenti's Four Season's on Lake Ave. The open steak there is only 11 or 12 bucks and is the size a NY strip the size of the largest in most steakhouses. His sauce is one of the best I've had and homemade. Also, the chicken or veal parm are excellent. just dont stray far from the steak and basic italian dishes. Ask for Gert as ur server

elbow

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:45:31 PM »
Green Bamboo in Green Island - awesome food!  try a hot pot

Relish in Barre, expensive but love sitting on the front porch

Anna's kitchen - the waiters are worth a visit - so funny and attentive...even though it's in a weird hotel/apartment

went to Block Five's Brunch - a little overpriced although the breakfast burrito I had was really good and you can go in your pajamas if you want.  they have mimosas, bloody mary's, fancy french toast.  I still like Zia's better.

audrey93

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:50 AM »
Since the landscape of Worcester's restaurant scene is always changing, anyone care to comment on their current favorites? Or maybe places they would not recommend?

One of my all times favorites is Harlequin in the Beechwood, however the last time I was there, Valentines Day (I think), I was a little bit disappointed. I'll excuse any place I like once or twice - especially on a holiday rush. I'll go again with high expectations and hopefully will not be disappointed.

I used to enjoy Cafe Amore just as much. I was very sad to see it go.

I've never been a bit fan of the Toolhouse, but I'm sure that's a minority opinion. It's certainly a fun and vibrant place, but to me the food is not up to expectations. Not bad to be sure - just not as great as one might be lead to believe. 

One of the best diners in Worcester.  The food is oddly cheap, but some of the best breakfast food you can find in the area.  You can't beat those kinds of prices. I recommend the corned beef hash.  The food comes quick and the waitstaff is efficient and friendly.