Author Topic: Worcester Curtins  (Read 4646 times)

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Worcester Curtins
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:12:29 AM »
 I am looking for any information in my genealogical search concerning the Michael J./Margaret A.(Maroney) branch specifically of the Curtins. I have their children -John F. Ethel M. and Lucy R pretty well researched but it is the parents who came over-from what we can assess around 1884 and 1886 which have thrown the road block in our search. We do know that by the time John F, a former Boy's Trade teacher,  was born in 1889 they were living in Worcester. From family papers they seem to have come through via Boston.

Also -does anyone know if school records can be accessed. Ethel seems to have attended Classical High. Is there a way to see school registrations which perhaps might offer a clue as to where in Ireland the Curtins (beyond County Clare-the researcher who is helping me needs that kind of information since there were hundreds of Curtins living in County Clare in the 1800s) actually hailed from in Clare. Their children's death certificates only list Ireland.

traveler

• Just Moved Here
Re: Worcester Curtins
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 04:04:20 AM »
I can only tell you how I found one of my families' townlands. My Devine's had "natives of Co. Waterford" on their tombstones. Another reseacher had the wife's (Bridget Foley Devine) brother's naturalization paper and that gave his birthplace as Stradbally Parish, Co. Waterford. Because I had so many family members identified the Heritage Center was able to find the townland and family. So find out about as many other family member as possible.
I found most official documents were not helpful because they usually only gave the place of birth as Ireland