Author Topic: Olof Titus and Ida (Moberg) Olson and son Nils Olof Olson  (Read 8863 times)

mjolson

• Just Moved Here
Olof Titus and Ida (Moberg) Olson and son Nils Olof Olson
« on: July 17, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
Olof and Ida came from Stockholm to Hull to Liverpool to NY City to Worcester in 1903.  They arrived aboard the Carpathia, the same ship which several years later rescued passengers from the Titanic.  Olof, Ida and Nils were all born in Mosjö,Örebro,Sweden.  Olof and Ida are buried in All Faiths Cemetery (formerly New Swedish Cemetery), and Nils is buried with his wife in Hope Cemetery.  When they came in 1903 they lived in Holden and later lived on Indian Lake in a house Olof built.

I was able to go to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City in 1999.  I knew very little about the Swedish roots until then, only what was on Olof's naturalization application.  I  was very fortunate to get help in finding the immigration route and  Nils' birthplace.  Once that was learned, it was easy to research further back in the church books, which are on microfilm at the FHL.  I learned that Olof was an onlly child, but Ida had a brother and 3 sisters, one of the sisters being her twin.  Do you suppose Ida ever saw her twin sister again after they emigrated from Sweden?

Nils was married 3 times,  He had a daughter by the 2nd marriage, the mother dying soon after the birth.  My husband and 2 brothers were born to the 3rd marriage.   I have no idea whether their half sister still lives.  I know nothing at all about her.  Her maternal grandparents and mother are buried together at All Faiths.  I'd love to make contact with the half-sister - and with descendants of Ida's twin sister back in Sweden.

Margaret

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Olof Titus and Ida (Moberg) Olson and son Nils Olof Olson
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:13:08 AM »
Do you have obits that give names?  Did you get the burial card from the cemetery?  Those swedes were terrific and even put obits on back of burial cards.  Where do you live?  Are you far from worcester and exactly what was the name of the half sister....I helped someone in sweden and I'll try to help you, if I can...

morfi

• Just Moved Here
Re: Olof Titus and Ida (Moberg) Olson and son Nils Olof Olson
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
Yesterday I sent you a private message. I don't if you received it. I found that Ida was 45 when leaving Sweden and Olof 38. Nils, their son, was 8. I don't think Ida met her twin sister again. She is only listed once on Ellis Island which keeps lists until 1924. Ok she could have gone after 1924 but then she would have been 70. Could you give me their dates of birth and I will probably be able to find them? I don't think I will be able to find the death of the twin sister since it probably occured before 1947. I have been told that there will soon be CD with deaths from 1900. I hope it will come soon.

Eva