Author Topic: New/re-post Joseph Rubler, Gamberg, R&G Neckwear, Greene St. Delmain  (Read 9150 times)

rublerite

• Just Moved Here
I'm looking for some information and/or pictures having to do with Joseph Rubler or his business associate Gamberg

Joseph Rubler is my grandfather. The time frame when he had the neckwear company in Worcester would have been in the late 40's or early 50's. He died at an early age in 1956 so it wouldn't be later than that. My mother said he had the entire second floor of a building on Greene Street. We visited a couple years ago when my grandmother passed.

The tie manufacturing plant was called R&G neckwear for Rubler and Gamberg. I'm not sure of Gamber's last name but I'd sure LOVE to speak with him if he's still alive. Mom said the Delmains were the people who cut the ties and there were 2 or 3 Delmain boys.

I would love to find any of the below:

a marriage license or marriage notice in the paper. This would have been around 1934 or 1935 in Worcester
the story in the paper about "local businessman marries" and it was about my grandfather and Sally Kosakowski
A picture and the name of his building on Greene street
Any newspaper stories on R&G Neckwear and/or pictures
A tie manufactured from R&G Neckwear
Any information about Mr. Gamberg who owned the company with my grandfather
my grandfather's obituary
A newspaper article of when my Grandfather was awarded the golden key to the city for his humanitarian work over at the prison

cheryl

• Townie
Re: New/re-post Joseph Rubler, Gamberg, R&G Neckwear, Greene St. Delmain
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 04:28:29 AM »
I found a few things at the library that you could follow-up on.  I can't find this family in the 1930 census.  Starting in 1931, Sigmund & Gertrude Rubler are listed in the Worcester Street directory, with neckwear, 9 Ashton St.
1932-Joseph Rubler 49 Wellington St.
        Max & Florence 23 Dale St., neckties
        Sigmund & Gertrude, mach. op, 29 Acton St.
1933 Jos, Max/Florence, Sigmund/Gertrude
        Ganberg, Joseph & Dottie 88 Hougton St.
Same for 1934
1935 & 1936 No Joseph
1936 Rubler, Sigmond pres. tres. R&G, 41 Jackson St.
        Ganberg, Irving J. sec 41 Jackson Street
        Kosakowski, Sophie D, presser, 41 Jackson St
1937 Rubler Jos & Sophie D 1004 Main St
        Sigmond & Gertrude
        Kosakowski, Sophie, married Jos Rubler
1938 Joseph & Sallie D 1A Agawam
        Sigmond & Gertrude
I skipped ahead to 1954
Jos & Sallie 1 Claridge Rd, Max removed to NYC, Mrs. Rose, bookkeeper
1956 same
1957 same but no Max listed
1958 same--Gamberg, Irving pres. Robin Coat
1959 Rubler, Rose
        Rubler, Sally (wid. Jos)
The obit for Sallie Rubler states she was buried at Notre Dame Cemetery, 162 Webster St, Worcester MA 01603; phone 508=753-7692  You might try calling them to see if Jos is buried with her and get an exact date of death for an obit look-up. 
The Jewish funeral parlor is Perlman Funeral Home, 1026 Main St, Worcester MA 01603
508-756-2200 if you have no luck at Notre Dame. 
Rose Rubler was buried at B'nai B'rith Cemetery.  It does not list who her husband was?
A 1942 House directory lists Rubler Gertrude (Sigmund) d. Nov 2, 1940.  I'm not sure who this refers to but on my next trip to the library I will look it up.  Hopefully by then, you will have a date of death for Joseph Rubler and I can look them both up for you.
While I was at the library I did scan through October 1956 looking for Joseph Rubler and didn't find anything.
Cheryl

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:41:39 AM »
Notre Dame Cemetery has Sally (Sophie) Rubler buried with her mother and father
Vincent and Anna Kosakowski.  She was buried on Sept 11, 1998 in St. Mary's Section, Lot #826.  There is no Joseph Rubler buried in this cemetery.
I looked through October 1956 newspapers again today and concentrated around Oct 15 but turned up empty again.   I also looked up the Rubler (Sigmund or Gertrude) who supposedly died on Nov 2, 1940 according to the Worcester City Street Directory and found nothing.
Cheryl

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 03:25:38 AM »
Rose Rubler's maiden name was Blum. 

GravityManifesto

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 02:47:35 PM »
The name Joseph Rubler came up as I was doing a family tree for my family. Did Joseph Rubler have any brothers or sisters?

rublerite

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 05:55:23 AM »
Hi there,

Yes Joseph Rubler has about 7 or 8 brothers and sisters.

Rubler from Galicia Austria

RUBLER, Solomon (b. 1865, d. Aug 8, 1927 Shlomo Zalman Kutial -- Joseph's father

Joseph Rubler (b Nov 2 1901 in Austria, d. Oct 14, 1956 of unknown cause)

Married on what date? to Sally (Kosakoski) Rubler (b. Mar 5, 1916 d. Aug 29 1998 of old age)

Samuel Rubler (b. Jan 17, 1896 in Austria, d. Jan 1972) Flushing, Queens, New York

Leopoldine Rubler (b. Oct 30, 1896 in Austria, d. Jan 1979) Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

Florence Rubler (b. Apr 18, 1897 in Austria, d. Apr 1975 Long Island)

Max Wolf Rubler 8 Dec 1897 in Austria

Fred Rubler (b. 28 Jan 1898 in Austria, d. Oct 1966 Los Angeles CA)

Sigmund Rubler (b. Sep 15, 1899 in Austria, d. Nov 1981) Brooklyn, Kings, New York

Murray Rubler (b. Jul 28, 1903, d. May 1972) Yonkers, Westchester, New York

Herman Rubler (b. Sep 27, 1907, d. Dec 1984) Palm Beach, Florida

Irving Rubler (b. May 8, 1913, d Jan 1964)

There is also a Joseph Rubler born around 1970 who is the grandson of the Joseph Rubler I'm looking for information on. If this is your relative, I'd be very interested in seeing your family tree and linking up with the other information I have.

Thank you,
Robin
robin@abiloo.com

GravityManifesto

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 03:08:14 PM »
I also have a Joseph Rubler born to a Solomon Rubler. Joseph's mother
was named Rose (Rasel)
Some of the names I have of his siblings match with what you have,
however, some do not. Perhaps both you and I have down siblings we were not aware of? Or maybe I have nicknames and alternate spellings.

Offspring of Solomon and Rose:
Dora Rubler
Murray Rubler
Joseph Rubler
Hy Rubler
Foncha Rubler
Tessie Rubler

rublerite

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 03:16:24 AM »
Yes. This is the same family. Here's where I fit in the family tree. Joseph had two children with Sally Kosakoski -- Janice and Ronald. Ronald had 6 children in Madison CT one of which is named Joseph Rubler. His daughter Janice had 4 childen in Fairfiled CT and I am one of her daughters. Hy is a nickname for Herman. Foncha or Feincha is nickname my mother is aware of but we don't know which sister this is. She has a daughter Lucia who lived in Riverhead Long Island and they had twin daughters. Tess is a sister also. Please send me your family tree so we can match our trees. My email is robin@abiloo.com. Thank you, Robin

GravityManifesto

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 08:28:01 AM »
Ok, I've added everything to the tree and am sending it to you. According to what it tells me, you are my 2nd cousin once removed. Can you please tell me the names of your siblings, your father, and the names of the children of Ronald Rubler and the name  of his wife?