Author Topic: kennedy/carroll family  (Read 4941 times)

mary

• Just Moved Here
kennedy/carroll family
« on: June 03, 2005, 05:36:08 AM »
Hi I'm looking for any information on a worcester family James Kennedy who married Ellen (Nellie) Carroll they lived on plantation st. thanks

worcmik

• Townie
Re: kennedy/carroll family
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 08:45:51 AM »
Mary,
dates please :)
There have been Kennedys & Carrolls in the Worcester area since before the great famine. A Kennedy marries in 1837, a Carroll in 1841. I did not find any deaths in Worcester so early (late 1840's). Since it is unlikely that the families would have been spared a death in over a decade, my guess would be that they were outside the town/city.
 Just a thought, John

worcmik

• Townie
Re: kennedy/carroll family
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 02:10:44 PM »
The 1860 Census for Worcester shows a Patrick (28yrs) and Mary Kennedy (28yrs) with a two-year-old James, and Ellen, 8: John, 7: Thomas, 4.
This may be the couple that wed in 1849, on my birthday; Feb. 20. The witnesses of that marriage married each other that day, Patrick and Mary stood up for them.
Feb. 20 1849 Patrick Kennedy to Mary Byrnes, the witnesses were
Feb. 20 1849  Richard Byrnes to Mary Kennedy. Three other couples were joined that day, Fat Tuesday, last chance before lent that year. Fr. Gibson officiated them all.
  Of course the couple in the census might be Pat and Mary (Burke) Kennedy, married on May 9 1849. But how interesting would that be?