Author Topic: Worcester O'Connors  (Read 5249 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Worcester O'Connors
« on: May 21, 2005, 02:21:45 AM »
I just found out that my O'Connors -Dennis & Julia (Donohue) O'Connor are related to John & Johanna (Dailey) O'Connor who were in worcester 1850 until their deaths.  In the Messenger at the WPL there was an account of a funeral in my family that calls the sons of one family cousins of the second.  Now, I don't know whether they are first or second cousins but at least I have conclusive proof that Dennis was from County Kerry!   Unfortunately for me John & Johanna's three sons John, Timothy and Joseph remained batchelors.  Tim & Joseph were dentists on front street in worcester for many years...does anyone remember them?  John was a well known ardent speaker for the freedon of Ireland and was also principal of Commerce high School (I think).  I was in communication with a woman on the west coast whose husband is related to the dentists as well.   I'd love to look up their christening sponsors to try to find some other links....

worcmik

• Townie
Re: Worcester O'Connors
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 05:51:14 PM »
The marriage of "John Conner to Jane Daley" was performed by Rev. Gibson on May 14, 1849. (A couple also wed that day were found in the Leicester 1855 Irish Only Census: Tom Callahan to Mary Landers or Landens)
Witnesses for the John Conner marriage were "James Clifford and Ellen Kaylahan"
This may be the couple "John and Johanna Connors that lost a six month old, Johanna, on 9/16/1858 in Oxford.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Worcester O'Connors
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 03:27:24 AM »
Yup, that's them.  I need to ry to find him being born in ireland.  At least I have HIS parents names!