Author Topic: Polish Church in Worcester  (Read 16725 times)

sandi

• Just Moved Here
Polish Church in Worcester
« on: May 09, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »
My great grandmother, Mary Kalwarczyk Stafinski, was one of the founding members of ok, here goes an attempt at the correct spelling Our Lady of Czechtowza Church, around  1030

Sandi Rockwood Ruscetta

Neil_H_Donahue

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Polish Church in Worcester-Our Lady of Czestochowa Church
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:21:45 AM »
You were close,but no cigar

Our Lady of Czestochowa
Rectory is at 34 Ward St.Worcester 01610
Last known phone number was 508-755-5959
Your relative helped to establish a great church for the
Polish people and others.

sandi

• Just Moved Here
Re: Polish Church in Worcester
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:58:43 PM »
Thank you, I hope to see the church some day.  My great grandmother is buried in a  Worcester Cemetary, I think Holy Cross

Sandi Rockwood ruscetta

Barb Knox

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 02:46:58 PM »
My family went there also, they lived on Seymour Street and Perry Avenue.  Both of my cousins were married there, and I think one of them had her graduation there.  The church had a school at one time as I recall.  It was a beautiful church and they spoke polish there all the time (not latin, and not english after the latin changed).

Barb (Siergie) Knox

bgchrissy

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 07:06:44 AM »
Does this Polish church in Worcester have a cemetery, and, if so, does anyone have a listing of the internments there?  Find-A-Grave only lists 1 internment at an Our Lady of Czechtowza (their spelling) which they indicate is located in Franklin County. 

Barb Knox

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:35:30 AM »
I don't believe so, since if they did I feel sure that my relatives that died in the late 50's and the 60's would be buried there.  The Church is in Worcester County as well as in the City of Worcester - I think all burials from that Church would be where my grandfather is buried, which I think is St. John's (?)

Barb

Darlene B.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »
There are 4 large cemetaries in the city of Worcester; St. John's on Cambridge St., Notre Dame on Webster St., Hope Cemetary on Webster St (across from N.D.), and All Faith's, formerly known as The Swedish Cemetary, also on Webster St. The last three are all in walking distance of each other.  There are other smaller cemetaries in Worcester, one is called Rural Cemetary on Grove St. but just wanted to list the main ones as they are older. There are smaller ones scattered throughout the city but have names according to the faith, such as a Jewish Cemetary, etc.

sandi

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
Hi, I have been not reading the board for a while

My dad's side of family are buried in Holy Cross Cemetaries, the Kalwarczyk's and Stafinski's

My Uncle who was born in Worcester, passed on the other day, Richard Joseph Rockwood age  92, WW2 Paratrooper in Pacific.  Died in Erie Pa. lived there for about  10 years

His mom was Anna Stafinski, her mother was a Kalwarczyk

Sandi Rockwood Ruscetta