Author Topic: Knut Nord (North)  (Read 3656 times)

michaelrita

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Knut Nord (North)
« on: February 11, 2005, 08:32:36 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking for information about my great grandfather's brother, Knut North. He was born in Motala, Sweden in 1874 and died in Worcester in 1946. He was married twice, but he didn't have any children. I have information about his first marriage:

"Massachusetts’s marriages
January 28, 1899
Worcester, MA.

Knut Justus North Living Cambridge, MA. Age 24 Occupation: Baker
Born: Sweden
Parents: August Nord and Anna Johnson

To:
Augusta Wilhelmina Lackstrom Living Cambridge, MA.
Born Sweden
Parents: Carl and Sophia Swanson"

He later married Selma Bengtson (not sure what year that was).

I have also found his obit:

"Worcester Evening Gazette
Wed. September 11, 1946

Knut J. North
Funeral services for Knut J. North, 72, of 170 Dewey street, janitor for Sheppard Envelope Co. for the last eight years, who died yesterday, will be at 2:00 P.M. Friday at Nordgren Memorial Chapel with Rev. Victor E. Beck of First Lutheran Church officiating. Burial will be in New Swedish Cemetery. Calling hours at the funeral home are 7-9 p.m. today and tomorrow.
He was born in Motala, Sweden and came to this country 50 years ago. He was formerly janitor at First Baptist Church, Main Street for ten years.
He leaves his widow, Mrs. Selma (Bengtson) and a brother Albert North in Sweden.
Mr. North was a member of Quinsigamond Lodge I.O.O.F., Engelbrekt Lodge V.O. ,Sveaborg V.O. and Carl XV,V.O."

I'm wondering, does anyone know about the New Swedish Cemetery? If yes, would it be possible for someone living near there to go there and take a picture of the grave? I would appreciate it a lot...Also, if there is still someone alive that used to know Knut and could tell me more about him, I would like to hear from you. As I said, he didn't have any children, so it is more difficult to get to know about him through relatives.

Thanks a lot!

Michael (michaelrita@yahoo.se)