Author Topic: mickey green's  (Read 11933 times)

maddog

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
mickey green's
« on: December 30, 2004, 07:39:26 AM »
in shrewsbury on route 9 there use to be night club called mickey green's in the 1970's with some good bands,i remember some groups names one was new bay colony,another was the drifter's 4 also mass commonwealth does anyone know others and what is the name of the club now?

OuttaWistah

Re: mickey green's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 09:12:26 AM »
The building Mickey green's was in has been gone and replaced by a car wash for 20 years. I used to hang out in Mickey Green's myself.

David Daniels

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 06:38:44 PM »
I used to live in Worcester I had a band called "Dave Daniels and US" we played mickey green's many times from 1968 to 1970
Good to know the old folks are still around.

I now live in Shreveport,  LA.

David Daniels
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:12:12 PM by David Daniels »

Glitterbug

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:36:47 PM »
I used to go to Mickey Green's on occasion years ago. I used to go to all the places that played country music. Sure do miss the good old days at some of the places like The Log Cabin, Mount Auburn,The Alpine, Uncle Fred's just to name a few. Really miss all the entertainers that have passed away.  Especially Pete Green and Hal Warren. Hal was my brother-in-law. His son (my nephew) Gene Weatherbee also played in many of the local clubs. He is a musician in Nashville and is in the process of making a CD.

Frankie

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 05:17:54 PM »
Loved Mickey Greens and a spot in Westboro --cant rememeber the name. The Ends and the New Breed!!

oldtimer

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »
Nobody remembers SAC park in Shrewsbury or the Yellow Barn in Northboro or the Red Barn in Westboro or the Leicster(sp?) Airport or Hullaballu in Dudley or the Brandy Banjo or the Ale 'n Bun in Worcester... ???

;)

Frankie

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »
Hi,

Wow- I remember them and played at most with with the New Breed.

oldtimer

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi,

Wow- I remember them and played at most with with the New Breed.

Wow , so did I... :o

;D

(MAIDEN NAME Carolynn D.) was Towle

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
wow the log cabin ...mt. auburn a place on grafton st dont remember the name pete was tops..knew hal also...and barely remember a guy named smokey as well...then there was also the place in millbury where pete use to play ...anchor lounge...and out in grafton too dont remember the name there...sure do miss pete...
12YRS. St. PETERS SCHOOLING/CLASS OF 63/MAIN SO. 1010 COMMERCIAL GROUP/WARD SEC. SCHOOL/CB CALL NAME "COBRA LADY"/NATIVE AMER. TRIBAL AFFILIATED/NATIVE NAME INITIALS.. AWS.

RobinPearson

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
Wow, all you folks, I don't know most of you, but some of the places and the bands' names sure are familiar (I moved away to Maine in 1976).

I remember a little pub in Leicester (don't remember the name). I saw my first Video game in there: "Pong".

Good Old Days ... time to go back for a visit, methinks.