Author Topic: Leard Family History  (Read 5524 times)

Jenna

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Leard Family History
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
I am doing family history and need information about the family of Sarah and Alva Leard, they originally came from Prince Edward Island. Lived on Fales St and Pineland Ave in Worcester. My father was Harold Leard, he had brothers Russell, Gordon, Addison and others, sisters were Hazel & Shirley. Harold worked at Elwood Adams Hardware store in the 1950's then moved to Florida. Would love to hear from any cousins or other relatives.
Jenna

geoffmartin

• Just Moved Here
Re: Leard Family History
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
You and I are distantly related. Sarah Ann Chafe was from the Goulds, Newfoundland and Alva Johnston Leard was from Prince Edward Island. They met and married when he was in St. John's, Newfoundland - probably as a carpenter helping to rebuild the city after the great fire of 1892.

I can give you lots of info on Sarah's family - my mom's a Chafe from the Goulds - and I grew up there. I also have a little info on Alva's family from a PEI census.

In addition, I have a copy of a baby photo that is probably a Leard from Worcester. I'm trying to track down exactly who this is...

I'm trying to get some info on the children of Alva and Sarah and their descendants. Can you help me with this?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers
-geoff
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:57:48 PM by geoffmartin »

geoffmartin

• Just Moved Here
Re: Leard Family History
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
Hi Jenna,

Me again. You'll find your father on this webpage, along with all his brother and sisters, and links upwards following your family back to PEI and on to Ireland.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/l/o/c/Brian-Locke-Prince-Edward-Island/GENE1-0005.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
-geoff