Author Topic: WEST BOYLSTON ST. SCHOOL>>> MISS SCHNEIDERMAN  (Read 19498 times)

peg127

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
WEST BOYLSTON ST. SCHOOL>>> MISS SCHNEIDERMAN
« on: November 21, 2004, 07:48:21 AM »
Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows what happended to my favorite teacher Miss Frances Schnieiderman.  I presumed she has passed away by now.  I wonder about her accomplishements.  Anyone have any information on her?  Please e-mail me with it.  Thank you.

Pam :)

IMMarkRiCO

• Just Moved Here
Re: WEST BOYLSTON ST. SCHOOL>>> MISS SCHNEIDERMAN
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
Hi

I am wondering if anyone knows what happended to my favorite teacher Miss Frances Schnieiderman.  I presumed she has passed away by now.  I wonder about her accomplishements.  Anyone have any information on her?  Please e-mail me with it.  Thank you.

She was a great teacher. I used to love it whe she would put us over her knee for acting up. The truth is I thought the terachers at West Boylston Street were a bumch of old nags as a student, especially Mrs Topper and Miss Brennan, but looking back I can see that they were actually good old fashioned 3 r's types of teacher. Miss Brennan couldn't help it of she was a drooler. Does anyone remember getting the "red hand" in the principals office. Bring back corporal punishment.

IMMarkRiCO

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »
Her First name was Fannie not Frances, and I don't think you have that last name spelled correctly either. She must surely be deceased as it seems like she must have been in her 70's when I had her as a teacher back in 1965. We were lucky to have such relics as teachers at West Boylston Street School, though it did not seem so at the time. Miss Gulbrand, Mrs Faucher, Miss Marah, Miss Brennan, Mrs. Topper were all good old fashioned teachers, way behind the times, thank goodness. In some ways it was a much better time in elementary education than today.

peg127

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
Her First name was Fannie not Frances, and I don't think you have that last name spelled correctly either. She must surely be deceased as it seems like she must have been in her 70's when I had her as a teacher back in 1965. We were lucky to have such relics as teachers at West Boylston Street School, though it did not seem so at the time. Miss Gulbrand, Mrs Faucher, Miss Marah, Miss Brennan, Mrs. Topper were all good old fashioned teachers, way behind the times, thank goodness. In some ways it was a much better time in elementary education than today.

Her name. indeed, was Frances P. Schneiderman (maybe this spelling is off?).  Her nick name was "Fannie".

Bill Kelly

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
Hi

Pam,

She passed away I think in the 1990's.  When West Boyleston Street school was torn down to make way for a freeway, the new elementary school was named after her (it was built behind) Forrest St.Junior High.

-Bill

Pam

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  The school behinde Forest Grove is NOT named after her.  Its' named after Worcester's former city manager "McGarth Elementary".

Elroy

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
Who was the principal back then?

peg127

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Mr. Kavanaugh was principal when I began Kindergarten in 1966; then Mr. Banukiwicz (sp.?).

Deirdre

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »
My mother and father taught at West Boylston St school. My father, Raymond Cavanaugh, was the principal in the late 1960's and my mother, Helen (Fennessy) Cavanaugh was the art teacher. They are still married (they celebrated their 59th anniversary on July 3, 2014)and still live in Worcester. My mother remembers Miss Schneiderman. She said she thinks Miss Schneiderman taught a sex Ed class to some of the students. She said she was "one of a kind".  My mother and father both remember teachers and many students from their teaching days at West Boylston Street school. 

peg127

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Dierdre- you and I went to Burncoat together.  Thanks for replying to my questions about my favorite teacher!