Author Topic: Friendly House on Wall street..  (Read 6788 times)

darrel_prescott

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Friendly House on Wall street..
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:31:31 AM »
I grew up on Wall street and then Suffolk street. When I was a very young boy my grandfather and a lot of the men of the community "including some of us boys" helped to build the new Friendly House community center, It was just up the road from the corner of Wall street and Suffolk street, where "Clems store" and the "Cafe Espresso" used to be.

I just about grew up in that building. To this day I still remember most of the staff, Jim DUffy, Connie Billadeau, Mr Gordon, a guy in a wheelchair named "Michael Jackson", a lady named Debera, and some others. My first summer job  was as a Volunteer counselor there.

If anyone can get Any information on this I would be soooo appreciative. It was such a huge part of my childhood. Please feel free to e-mail me at any of the following e-mail addy's :

sincere_fella@hotmail.com
prescott_dep@yahoo.com

Thanks all and hey ""  Go north High Polar Bears....LOL

BobTroy

• Just Moved Here
Re: Friendly House on Wall street..
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:28:48 AM »
My dad was the janitor there for 20 years...Bob Troy

Darlene J.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:37:55 AM »
friendly house is still there! It is a large part of the worcester community, helping many in need. it's a great resource of low income families.

rollicannoli

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »
GORDON HARGROVE IS STILL GOING STRONG. THE BUILDING IS IN TERRIBLE SHAPE. ITS LONG OVERDUED FOR A NEW ONE.CONNIE BILODEUA JUST PASSSED AWAY LAST YEAR. JOHN DUFRESNE IS A BOOK WRITER IN FLORIDA. CLEM PASCARELLI PASSED AWAY YEARS AGO. JOHN AND SONS MARKET