General > Information Wanted

M.J. Whittall Associates, Inc.

(1/2) > >>

Dee Little:
I am looking for information on a company named M.J. Whittall Associates, Inc. from Worcester, Mass. who manufactures a Whittall Worsted Wilton rug, pattern #278, color 73, size 9x12 register 254586.  I would like to know how old this rug is and if it has any value.

Ellen Whittall Cicero:
HI there!

As you can see from my name, I have a great deal of information about M. J. WHittall Associates. It was started by my great grandfather in the early 1880s and closed in 1956.  Let me know a bit more about your rug and I will try and give you some idea of its value.

Ellen

Rob:

--- Quote from: Ellen Whittall Cicero on February 13, 2002, 11:25:41 PM ---M. J. WHittall Associates. It was started by my great grandfather in the early 1880s
--- End quote ---
My great-grandfather Charles C Hugo worked as "overseer" at Whittall Mills approx 1885-1930.

daleb:

--- Quote from: Ellen Whittall Cicero on February 13, 2002, 11:25:41 PM ---HI there!

As you can see from my name, I have a great deal of information about M. J. WHittall Associates. It was started by my great grandfather in the early 1880s and closed in 1956.  Let me know a bit more about your rug and I will try and give you some idea of its value.

Ellen

--- End quote ---

jim28518:
today a ebay.com searching for "whittall rugs" yields 7, the 9 by 12 size ranging $500 to $2,000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version