Author Topic: Beautiful Worcester  (Read 11779 times)

Linda d

Beautiful Worcester
« on: August 14, 2004, 10:11:52 PM »
I am from Niagara Falls, Canada and was speeding by on the highway but I just have to comment on how beautiful your city looked. Also your highways appear much cleaner than ours. We see bits of crashed cars, hardhats, roadkill, broken lawnchairs - all kinds of stuff. And you have tons of trees. We have development right up to the service roads. I was impressed enough to look up your city on the net, - be very, very proud of it. Perhaps I'll be able to REALLY] see it someday.

j

Re: Beautiful Worcester
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 04:01:51 AM »
thank you. if only the city and surrounding townspeople would appreciate the city the same way you do, we'd be ok.

Mike Post

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 08:34:16 AM »
I know you can NOT be talking about Worcester MA. Worcester MA is know as the armpit of the U.S. It is one of the ugliest cities in the States. Don't take it from me, I know a good number of Worcester people, born and rasied and THEY describe Worcester as such. I have been in and out of it and I agree with the locals. UGLY!

mrdave1

• Just Moved Here
  • I love Ya
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 02:56:24 AM »
 I think Worcester is a nice city. I won't say it is
beautiful-just nice.It could be a lot nicer. My
observation is that the city is full of two types of
people Fruit Loops and People in Recovery. I am
in both classes.
David Doane

OuttaWistah

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 09:17:36 AM »
Worcester is a brokem down, dirty, economically depressed mill town gradually and continually transforming in a ghetto.

NeFan

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 11:12:44 AM »
I think that people REALLY have to get off their high horse, or stop thinking that ANT major city is ong to turn into a ilberal haven like Cqambridge.

I don't live in Worcester, but I  can see a lot of positves in the city that the ignorant college students and drop-outs don't

NeFan

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 11:18:10 AM »
of course you can see that my last post had "typos," that was for the ignorant idiots that think they are better than ordinary peope with  positsive plans for the city

moji

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 12:05:52 PM »
Worcester is a broken down, dirty, economically depressed mill town gradually and continually transforming in a ghetto.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
ohhhh  SORRY  FOR THE WAY YOU FEEL  BUT WORCESTER IS A GOOD PLACE TO BE O.K

regis79

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 06:45:10 PM »
I know you can NOT be talking about Worcester MA. Worcester MA is know as the armpit of the U.S. It is one of the ugliest cities in the States. Don't take it from me, I know a good number of Worcester people, born and rasied and THEY describe Worcester as such. I have been in and out of it and I agree with the locals. UGLY!

Mike,
You certainly can't be talking about a city that is home to the #1 public school in the Commonwealth and in the top 100 of the Country?  You certainly can't be talking about a city that has the largest private development investment project in the state outside of Boston, can you?  You can't be talking about a city that is so important that Ch 4 has invested in a state of the art bureau, can you?  I live in the Edgemere section of the city on the other side of RTE 20, and I have to tell you I wouldn't move for anything!  I do believe in full disclosure, so I must say I am an elected official, on the School Committee and am a current candidate for city council at large.  That being said, I wouldn't be investing part of my life being a leader in this city if I didn't believe in it, the people living here, and our future.  I was born in Worcester, but grew up in Boston, and I will tell you that Worcester is a great place to live and raise my children.  It is affordable, central to everything in New England, and is a city possessing great culture and arts.  My eldest is at WPI studying Civil Engineering...7 from her class of 222 were accepted and 5 went, one going to John's Hopkins, not sure of the other one.  This year, a young lady from Poland only here five years received a full scholarship to Yale.  We are also home to Miss Massachusetts 2005! ;D

IMMarkRiCO

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
I grew up in Worcester an really enjoyed it. For a city its size, Worcester has a lot going for it. I have been to similar sized cities up and down both coasts of the US, and the amenities that Worcester has is superior to what a lot of cites have. Museums, The Centrum, Mechanics Hall, and several colleges offer a lot of cultural attractions. The main problem is that a lot of people who live in Worcester to not take advantage of what is there. Plus, being less than an hour away from Boston is a huge bonus. If you think living in Worcester is boring, you just have not made the effort to explore it. As far as being beautiful. Worcester does have its gritty side, but I have always thought that downtown was attractive. I hope efforts to revitalized the inner city succede. I think Worcester suffers from lack of visionary leadership, and poor public self-image.

trickydicky

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »
Hi Worcester Mass, I'm new to this board from Worcester UK (The Faithful City) just interested in what goes on over in your neck of the woods. I don't normally register for boards but found this one fascinating. What's a 'Fruit Loop' please? And how many have you actually got over there? Is it something to do with picking apples, because we have lots of apple trees over here and maybe you could let us have a few of your fruit loops around September because they could help us out a lot. Cheers, Tricky

ChuckyG

• Administrator
  • Just Moved Here
  • 80s fanatic, and host of this site
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »
Hi Worcester Mass, I'm new to this board from Worcester UK (The Faithful City) just interested in what goes on over in your neck of the woods. I don't normally register for boards but found this one fascinating. What's a 'Fruit Loop' please? And how many have you actually got over there? Is it something to do with picking apples, because we have lots of apple trees over here and maybe you could let us have a few of your fruit loops around September because they could help us out a lot. Cheers, Tricky

The person who mentioned Fruit Loops, meant people that are a little crazy.  It's the name of a kids cereal, but I know people mean crazy when they use it, not sure why.  Maybe the old slang expression of calling someone a fruit (meaning they're homosexual).  This is a really weird one to explain I guess.

There aren't any apple picking places in Worcester, but plenty in the surrounding towns.  My grandfather and his brothers used to crate them up at the family farm and ship them to England back in the 1920s actually.

Piggy Malone

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 07:27:44 AM »
Mike,
What is your problem or is it problems ? Worcester is the best damn city in this state. If you want to be so negative and you truly believe in what you say - move out - in fact I'll help you move out.

Worcester truly "is a city on the move" - from the best school system, police, fire, dpw, etc...only in worcester do you have the 2nd largest city in the state with a small town/neighborhood feel to it.

You seem to believe strongly in your opinions - why don't you tell the rest of us how you would improve our city - if not start packing I'll help you move out sooner rather than later.

Piggy Malone