Author Topic: Harrington-Richardson Arms Company  (Read 43752 times)

gary

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Harrington-Richardson Arms Company
« on: August 04, 2004, 08:14:47 AM »
I am looking for info on the Harrington-Richardson Arms Co. ?Pics of their building and info on firearms they made during 1900-1950. After looking at numerous sites in reference to old shotguns, I find that it is hard to locate , especially free, info about H/R firearms. Is there a reason for that or is there something special (or not) about that company or its firearms?  Just curious...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 11:33:59 PM by gary »

Neil H Donahue

Re: Harrington-Richardson Arms Company
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:35:40 PM »
Building was demolished for new Walgreens drug store. Was at the corner of Park Ave & Chandler St.
Try this link for guns and brochures for Harringtons.

Harrington-Richardson Arms Company

http://www.sportingcollectibles.com/harrington&richardson.html

jw carroll

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 05:26:59 AM »
I am looking for info on the Harrington-Richardson Arms Co.  Pics of their building and info on firearms they made during 1900-1950. After looking at numerous sites in reference to old shotguns, I find that it is hard to locate , especially free, info about H/R firearms. Is there a reason for that or is there something special (or not) about that company or its firearms?  Just curious...

SICAN

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 06:56:10 AM »
I have a pistol, 5 shot hammerless revolver 32 S & W , Harrington & Richardson Arms Company dated Oct8,1895.

Can anyone tell me somethine about its history and value?

Thanks,

JETGEC@AOL.COM
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 07:01:29 AM by SICAN »

gary

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 07:56:31 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you. I am just looking for some info on a shotgun that my dad has.  I can't seem to find anything about these older guns (post 1920's).  I know that the company is no longer in business, but there should be some history on this company.  I hope you can get you question answered.  I will keep looking and if I find anything I will be in touch.  Thanks for your input.

Craig

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 10:02:51 PM »
I have a pistol, 5 shot hammerless revolver 32 S & W , Harrington & Richardson Arms Company dated Oct8,1895.

Can anyone tell me somethine about its history and value?

Thanks,

JETGEC@AOL.COM

I have the same pistol.  I believe it was manufactured between 1930 and 1940.   The patent was procured in 1895.

Jim Nystrom

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 09:47:59 AM »
I found this site while looking for info on a Harrington & Richardson single barrel top break"Bay State" shotgun. I have no idea how old it is or where I could find more info. Any help would be appreciated. ???

Jon P Scott

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 06:00:32 AM »
I also have a bay state  410 2 1/2 crack barrel,  Has been in my family since the 40's for sure,  I would like to find the date it was made

Jim Hauff

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 04:02:29 AM »
For information on H&R firearms go to web site:
ArmsCollectors.com
Scroll down left hand menu to: Firearms Non-military then select H&R/Iver Johnson thread.  Post you questions and it WILL be answered within a couple hours.  There are a couple real experts/authors who visit this site regularly to gather information.  Good luck.

Jarre

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 01:42:10 AM »
I have too Harrington&Richardson inc. shotgun it was 16kal.. Topper Model158 :) sorry about my bad english:D i'm not very good at this:D:D i'm from finland..  

sidewinder

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »
hi can any one help i'm after a old small frame young america double action cylinder 5 shot in 32s&w ive tryed a few sites but they only have 32 rim fire
    sidewinder

DnlJmsGrnfrs

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
Some anectdotal information. My mother worked at Harrington &  Richarrdson's for a brief time in the mid-sixties. Vietnam was raging and a line at H&R was making M-16 parts. I used to have a front sight for an M-16 which I lost decades ago. Anyway, I heard somwhere that there was a scandal back then because troops were reporting casualties due to weapons malfunctions which were traced to H&R.

ugga

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 07:06:04 AM »
That anecdotal information brings back memories for me. My mother worked at the Rochdale H&R plant which manufactured the M16. I remember the day when Senator Kennedy showed up at the plant to put an end to those rumors. However, he refused to fire an M16 just after it had been dumped in the sand pit just outside the factory. He was supposed to 'show just how wonderful this weapon functioned when used in near actual combat' conditions. They rolled the M16 in the sand, shook and tapped it to remove most of the loose sand and handed it to him.  His refusal really went over big for some mothers there who had sons in combat with M16s. I also remember one of those mothers telling my mother how she and her husband had bought a standard 6 round revolver, broket it down into small pieces, and shipped 'parts' to her son in  Vietnam. She pointed out that this was the way many American soldires were protecting themselves when their M16 failed! So, I can guess you can say it was a scandal. The sad part though, it seems the same thing is happening TODAY in Afghanistan with the M4 our troops are using. How sad when history is repeated....