Author Topic: Out of towner question about Crompton Knowles  (Read 6721 times)

Jason Brandenburg

Out of towner question about Crompton Knowles
« on: June 15, 2004, 08:48:24 PM »
I'm curious if anyone knows, what is at the site of the old Crompton & Knowles loom factory now. Condos? something else? Who owns the land now?

ed miley

Re: Out of towner question about Crompton Knowles
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 01:28:18 AM »
The old Crompton/Knowles building is still there. It has not been demolished yet but some of the buildings around have been knocked down. I have pictures of the buidling taken about a month ago.

The building has been vacant for quite some time and I don't think it could be converted into much at this point.

If you would like the pictures please let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Elliot

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 01:12:36 PM »
The former Crompton and Knowles complex is still in existance.  A development group has proposed and is in the process of obtaining permits to knock down a couple of the delapidated wooden frame buildings in order to convert the larger brick buildings into  new condominium units.  This is per a recent article in the Worcester Telegram. 

Elliot

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »
Crompton & Knowles had 2 locations during my lifetime one at corner Grant & Illinois streets 42.2474 -71.8180 and the other on Green Street near corner of Harrison Street.