Author Topic: pool hall  (Read 10828 times)

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
pool hall
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »
anyone ever go into the pool hall next to old loews poli theater,,,,,it was down the stairs and had a bowling alley to

MikeWilsonSr

• Just Moved Here
Re: pool hall
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:21 AM »
I sure did.  It was called Recreation Bowling Alley.  Candlepin bowling and it was 4 games for a $1.00.  If you walked down to the Strand Bowling Alley which was next to Plymouth theater, it was 5 games for a $1.00.  It was also downstairs off of Exchange Street (I think).

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
did you know gunga,,or gypsy, there was a whole cast of characters

MikeWilsonSr

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 04:41:12 AM »
Those names do not ring a bell.  I went there mostly for the bowling and that was when I was younger.  When I got older and skipped school, I shot most of my pool at someplace on the second floor of a building on Main street.  It was on the west side of Main Street between Pleasant and Foster Walnut street I think.

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »
vaugely i remember across main street from the rec,,,i think there was a pool hall on the second floor,,,im talking like in between high street and austin on the st pauls church side of main st.

MikeWilsonSr

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »
You could be right on the location Deacon as my recollection is vague too.  It was over 40 years ago.

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
willy have you seen jacky sweeney lately,,i think hes gone from beaconsfield