Author Topic: Patrick Mcqueeney and Michael Carrigan Families  (Read 5474 times)

PatHorgan34

• Just Moved Here
Patrick Mcqueeney and Michael Carrigan Families
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:23 AM »
searching for Mcqueeney who was born 1854 was married to Mary Foley and had 3 children.They lived at 11 Henchman St.  Immigrated i 1881 from IrelaanPatrick was from Leitrum.  Michael Carrigan born in1870  married Annie Flaherty and lived in Main South..

PatHorgan34

• Just Moved Here
Re: Patrick Mcqueeney and Michael Carrigan Families
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:30 AM »
Thank you...Helen you have made my day!!! Your info has added so much to m research..I am finally figuring out where I came from..still have trouble with part of Ireland..most likely Roscommon..Patrick Mcqueeney is from Leitrum...he came over in 1881 with ,I assume wife Mary(Foley) and a son Patrick who was born in Scotland in 1880..Wow.....some records list Mary born in Scotland and others say Ireland...I guess they married in Scotland and had 3 children there who died ..according to U.S census..By the way I grew up in Worcester in the Lincoln -Burncoat section...Thanks again, Pat

mdurkin

• Just Moved Here
Re: Patrick Mcqueeney and Michael Carrigan Families
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
Hi Pat,

I don't know if this helps you much, but if you go to the link below, and search for "McWeen*y" , you'll see all the McWeenys living in Ireland during the 1901 census:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search

I happen to have a McWeeny in my family tree who is from Leitra in County Leitrim.

Thank you...Helen you have made my day!!! Your info has added so much to m research..I am finally figuring out where I came from..still have trouble with part of Ireland..most likely Roscommon..Patrick Mcqueeney is from Leitrum...he came over in 1881 with ,I assume wife Mary(Foley) and a son Patrick who was born in Scotland in 1880..Wow.....some records list Mary born in Scotland and others say Ireland...I guess they married in Scotland and had 3 children there who died ..according to U.S census..By the way I grew up in Worcester in the Lincoln -Burncoat section...Thanks again, Pat