Author Topic: Dowd  (Read 6088 times)

KathleenDolan

• Just Moved Here
Dowd
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Dominick and Mary O'Dowd ( Dowd ) had a daughter Mary, she ws born on 9/26/1854 and died on 9/26/1855 of Dentation. Mary was burried in Tatnuck cemetery.  Where is tatnuck Cemetery ?  Thank You, Kathleen

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Dowd
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:06 AM »
I was hoping that worcmik would answer.  Tatnuck burying ground no longer exists.  The burials and stones were removed to the St. John's Cemetery and other places depending on the wishes of the families.  This was done to create more area for development.  Don't get me going!  Tatnuck was the first consecrated ground in Worcester for Catholic burials.  Some very poor irish people were interred there some with only wooden crosses, according to Richard O'Flynn the irish historian who transcribed the cemetery before its demolition.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, worcmik or anyone else.

I think that the burials are on a database under projects if you want to see them at tiara.ie.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:24:30 AM by merski »

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »
Wow Helen!  You have a mind like a steel trap!  No wonder you're so good with genealogy because you have a great memory of details.

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »
Sorry I'm late. Dominick and Mary are in the database (without the child, as I didn't know about her. I do now and that is one more Tatnuck burial that we know about.) and the database is at Tiara.
Merski is correct and there are threads here that give more info on Tatnuck.
Hi everyone. :)

PatHorgan34

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:04 AM »
I grew up next to a Dowd family off Lincoln St..there was Mary Dowd..Philip,Brian William..they were related to the Boyles..