Author Topic: Daley (Daly,Dailey) from Kerry to Worcester descendants  (Read 15631 times)

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Daley (Daly,Dailey) from Kerry to Worcester descendants
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
Anyone whose family name is Daly or any of the spelling variants have two or three generations in Worcester with Kerry roots?  Looking into DNA project for someone.  It's Y chromasonal DNA so has to be male surname and son to father to grandfather, well, you know what I mean.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Daley (Daly,Dailey) from Kerry to Worcester descendants
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:29 AM »
sigh!

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
   There are Dalys in my Worcester family-Michael Curtin's mother Bridget was a Daly but as far as I know she never came to Worcester-she died in Boston in 1900-and she came from Clare. Sorry I am sure that is no help.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »
Do you have any known male  Daley cousins?  I'm thinking he's trying to get Daleys also from other counties.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 07:27:46 AM »
Sent these to Mike.  Thanks for both your inputs.

PatHorgan34

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »
My husbands mother comes from Daley family from  cahersiveen ireland  ...

Sinead

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
CapeColeen,

I am interested in any additional information you may have about Thomas Daly, who came from Ardanaonig, Killarney, Co. Kerry, to Worcester.  My maternal grandmother was Catherine Daly, from Ardanaonig.  I have been assured by relatives that hers was the only Daly family in Ardanaonig.  She remained in Ireland, married in Killarney and had a large family.  I have also been advised that her siblings, who emigrated,  came to  Worcester.  I have not researched this, but believe there was a sister Ann (or Anne), and brothers who lived in Worcester.  I know I need to do my own research but thought any available information about Thomas and/or his siblings would be helpful.

Thank you!

Sinead
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:50:43 PM by Sinead »

Dsflynn01473

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:08:01 AM »
My grandmother was a Daley and three of her sisters emigrated to Worcester.

They were all born in Gortagolane, Killarney, to John Daley and Julia Donoghue. John was the son of Daniel Daley and Hanora Kelley. Julia the d. of Hugh Donoghue and Mary Sullivan--some of the Worcester Donoghues trace back to them.

The three sisters are:
Catherine, b. 1872, emg. 1893, m. William Ring, and had three children: John, Marion, and Catherine.
Julia, b. 1880, emg. 1903, m. William B. Collins, had four children: Mildred, Evelyn, Katherine, and William.
Mary, b. 1878, m. O'Donnell, no children.

The Rings and the Collins lived in the Vernon Hill area; Mary spent the last decades of her life on Eastern Ave., across from the convent.

PatHorgan34

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »
I do not know if you are still searching Daleys..I know of Florence Daly and his brothers who came over from Kilogorin..Have lots of info..He was married to Bridget Mc Carthy and raised his family on Marion Ave.