Author Topic: Crompton Park  (Read 10933 times)

Robert Charles Pitchman

• Just Moved Here
Crompton Park
« on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
Hi my name is Robert Pitchman. And i am looking for people that may have known me, Because me and a good friend Terry wrote a book called The Boy From Worcester that will be out in December 2011. I am writing a second book and i am looking for people who hung around Crompton Park in the 60's or 70's that can tell me about the park when they hung around there, If it's something we are looking for we will put in in the book.Please give us your full name and E-mail so we can get back to you. And if it goes' in the book your your name will go there to,But if you don't want your name there just tell us and we will not put it in. The first book was about how i was in a gang called The Islanders. We hung around the Four Corners Gang, The providence St. Gang, Grafton St. Gang, and the list goes' on. In the first book we were trying to show how the gangs of that day did not need guns to settle there differences, But i am not saying we were angles, Believe me we were not. Anyway if you have a story or if you know me send it to  crompton.publishing.2011@live.com 

New web ...  www.worcester1963.org
Phone   864-365-5610

pamcd

• Just Moved Here
Re: Crompton Park
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
You'll probably find a lot of people on the web site called Your Probably From Worcester ,Ma if.......Good Luck!!

David Daniels

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
Hi; don't know if this helps,  my band the "Nite Rider" played several concerts put on by WAAB radio at crompton around
June or July 1967.   for a gang note my brothers were in the "Petes Medow" gang late fifties early 60's
Pete Daniels,  Lee Daniels
my name is David Daniels

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:37:23 AM »
where was petes medow gang at,,,where did they hang around at?

David Daniels

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
Hi, sorry I had the wrong spelling for "Petes medow"  It was Pieds meadow according to my older sister
they hung around Piedmont St area, Beleview st. Chandler st etc.   I was just a kid.
 We lived at Pleasent Terr.  off Pleasent St.
David

Robert Charles Pitchman

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »
My Website check it out.   www.worcester1963.org 
I was looking for you on youtube. Do you have any videos I would like to put them on our website on the page 60's and more I took two of your photos from GarageHangover. I was born in Worcester And believe it or not i think I remember you. I am writing a second book called The Boy From Worcester (Summer of love) It takes place in 1969. Maybe we could get together some time and talk about your band and how you started out. I am looking for things to put in the book. I loved the 60's I was a hippie-Flower Child. A lot happend back then. A lot of good things And bad things but I think the good things out weigh the bad. Well I hope to hear from you. Bob

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
the mothers of inventions first album came out in 1966

Robert Charles Pitchman

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 03:56:48 AM »
We know the Mothers came out in 1966. it was a type o. every book has type o.s If I had a dime for every mistake I could point out in books and movies I would be rich.

Robbie5536

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 07:21:51 AM »
My Website check it out.   www.worcester1963.org 
I was looking for you on youtube. Do you have any videos I would like to put them on our website on the page 60's and more I took two of your photos from GarageHangover. I was born in Worcester And believe it or not i think I remember you. I am writing a second book called The Boy From Worcester (Summer of love) It takes place in 1969. Maybe we could get together some time and talk about your band and how you started out. I am looking for things to put in the book. I loved the 60's I was a hippie-Flower Child. A lot happend back then. A lot of good things And bad things but I think the good things out weigh the bad. Well I hope to hear from you. Bob

Funny how your son points this out and he is @%^&, you know your first born in the 60's not in your book. Treat a stranger with respect and family...(sigh)