Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 7582 times)

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
Ireland
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
Heading to Ireland this weekend .... my first trip! I  just wanted to thank my friends at Worcester talk for all your help this past year in filling in holes in my tree. Hopefully I  will find some living family, if not, maybe get a look at where they came from ...... "thank  you" fivegenirish

corky3

• Been Around Awhile
Re: Ireland
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »
  I've been twice to Ireland. Have a great time. It is a beautiful country and the people are wonderful and friendly.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
4 times to Ireland here...slow down and enjoy!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
Oh! the Irish bacon and smoked salmon!!! And the butter!  Be certain to try all of those!

worcmik

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »
Enjoy, our friend.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 02:43:54 AM »
Hope you will report back to us!!

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:05:13 AM »
What a beautiful county! People are so friendly, I had the time of my life. Sadly I did not find any living relatives but I got to walk in the same farm lands [ Counties] of their births. The people in the B&B's where amazing you may of thought they knew me for all my life, in fact four out of the seven are doing research for me, as well as a lass  from Galway I met in the Cork library - she called me her lucky American leprechaun :)  she had been searching for her family connection to John F. Kennedy for almost five years and after she helped me she found her connection - she cried! 
We had an extended stay thanks to the hurricane 5 extra days!

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:43:51 AM »
Doesn't the experience make you want to go again?  BTW packages for travel are best in the off seasons but ireland is so mild compared to New England that it's worth going in November or January.