Author Topic: Why do people look down upon Worcester?  (Read 5961 times)

CoolCat

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Why do people look down upon Worcester?
« on: February 06, 2003, 07:47:02 AM »
Why do so many Worcester residents look down upon Worcester? They say that it is boring and nothng happens. That's not true. Open up the Worcester Magazine and you can find a ton of stuff to do! All it takes is to open your eyes and ears and a whole new world is staring right at you!

networcester

• Just Moved Here
  • Trying to spread the word about Worcester
Re: Why do people look down upon Worcester?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 10:12:07 AM »
Cool Cat,

I hear what you're saying, and it doesn't help when our own Sunday T & G lists events from the Boston Globe.

I have spent a lot of time finding out what's happening in Worcester, there are so many great things to do.

It's our job to get people motivated. Don't let people be negative about our city. When you hear someone talking negative... just spout off a few great things we have in our city.
Creator... Free Online Listings for Worcester

nick chance

Worcester Mass or Worcester, England
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 02:50:38 PM »
You could have been writing about Worcester, England where the same nihilism exists. What really gets my goat are parents who keep repeating the mantra "there's nothing to do" and allow their children to hang about getting into trouble. It's simply an excuse to not get off their arse and attempt to inspire their children to experiment with various hobbies.

[Ah, that's better, got that off me chest]

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 09:11:48 AM »

They say that it is boring and nothng happens.

Those people who say Worcester is boring obviously never been to Great Brook Valley.

j

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 03:56:21 AM »
i feel bad for the tenants of the outlet mall. everyone is such an idiot, if someone else tells you it's not worth your time to go somewhere, are you really going to listen? i'd think they've got a secret cool store they don't want me to know about, or they've just been focusing on the negative- there is a bunch of great stores left there, if anyone would set foot into them. it's like saying you don't like broccoli, having never tried broccoli. how is it that an entire city can be so ignorant, yet the suburbanites know way more than we inner city folk do?