Author Topic: Spider Gates Cemetery  (Read 62286 times)

Jason Z.

Spider Gates Cemetery
« on: January 01, 2003, 02:32:52 AM »
Hello,

I have seen many people on this Information Wanted Board inquiring on the Location and Information regarding Quaker Cemetery (Spider Gates Cemetery).

It is a Privately Owned, Magnificent Cemetery in Leicester, MA behind the Worcester Airport Facility on behalf of the Worcester-Pleasant Street Friends Quaker Meeting House Society Located in Worcester.

Despite the fact that the Cemetery is located snugly into the woods, The Cemetery is still an Active Cemetery, meaning that it still holds burial ceremonies and is not abandoned.

The area is regularly patrolled by the Leicester PD, as well as the Reservoir Security Officers. All viewers of the site, and my website are expected to abide by the Terms of the Owners. If you plan to visit the Cemetery, please do so in good will. There are no cameras around the area, but there are motion detectors installed on a road which comes off one of the paths.

The Owners prohibit any usage of Drugs or Alcohol, Littering, Satanic Rituals, Paranormal Investigations, Destruction of any Property, Sexual Activities, Parties, and are not limited to only these prohibitions.

A lot of questioning goes on as to whether the place is haunted or not. I have made quite a few visits to the cemetery, personally. I would not say the Cemetery is precisely haunted, but that it does have some activity and energy that is present on some of the visits, some experiences have proven some unusual activities.
None of what the majority of visitors and websites online will tell you. I have never reported seeing any actual ghosts, or hearing whispers, or anything dangerous or of evil intent occurring at the site. It's unfortunate that people make such myths about the place to attract others to it to make it a disruptive scene. As interesting that this place is, and as much as it holds some unique atmosphere and aura, it is nonetheless still a place of rest for the deceased members of the cemetery. The deceased, as well as us would not like it if we Littered on our place of rest. If you have any trash with you, please carry it out with you, also if you see any trash on the ground, please pick it up and deposit it somewhere else.
This will keep the place nicer for everyone.

I have taken interest in this Cemetery a lot, and have been in communication respectively with the Owners about it's history, and other information regarding the Quaker Cemetery.

As much as some of this information may be of a disappointment, you should not be mislead by the rumors that spread about the site.

Spider Gates does not have Eight Gates. There are only one set of Spider Gates (the ones you enter through).

The hump in the middle of the Cemetery is the site of the old Quaker House when it was located there.

Satanists are not granted any permission to visit or hold rituals at the site. These activities are NOT endorsed or authorized.

It is a very beautiful place, with a lot of mystery to it, and legends that have set in stone for decades. Do not confuse that many legends are just "legends". Meaning they are not supposedly true. They are rumors carried down over history. Unfortunately the majority of legends remain to be false. But the thought of the fact of what legends "could" be true, or what legends could come to be, is what can give such a place like Spider Gates, a very mysterious feel and wondrous challenge as to it's intricacy of nature. Sometimes, it's more interesting to mentally put together an image or story in our head.

I would like to inform everyone of my website dedicated to Spider Gates, which has a lot of information, history, directions, pictures and video clips on the site, and truth which may be of use to many of you:

http://www.neo01.no-ip.com/theunsilentgrave

I would like to help anyone with any questions or comments, and hear some of your stories, legends and any other information or history you may have regarding Spider Gates, I welcome any media. Send in any pictures or video clips as well. Your work will be credited.

Please Send Them To:

THEUNSILENTGRAVE@AOL.com

AND/OR

You may send them to my Regular E-mail Address at:

JAYSONZAD@AOL.com

You may also feel free to Instant Message me on AOL or AIM at either E-mail Address...

I am planning some future trips this coming Spring, Summer and Fall of 2003 to the Cemetery to capture some more images of the Beautiful Cemetery, and any news or updates to the place that need be posted.
I also have a mailing list you can subscribe to for my newsletters. Please see my website above for more details. There are a lot of informative resources available on my website which will help you learn more about Spider Gates. I myself am not the owner or a co-owner of the site. Nor am I a Ghosthunter. I am merely an individual who was stricken with intrigue about this Small, Humble Graveyard which remains hidden in Leicester, MA. It's a wonderful place. Enjoy!

Best Regards,

- Jason Z.

Kizmet

• Just Moved Here
  • Kizmet - one of Worcester's best original bands!!!
Re: Spider Gates Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 04:40:06 AM »
Ummmm, this was already discussed here:
http://www.worcestermass.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=INFORMATION;action=display;num=1013121308

Oh yeah, and your link to your website doesn't work.
::)
Jeremy
http://come.to/kizmet

Check us out live!
Friday Feb. 7th - Manchaug Legion (Sutton)
Saturday Feb. 22nd - Lucky Dog Music Hall
Saturday Mar. 1st - Tony's Pub (Southbridge)

Jason Z.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 04:46:38 AM »
Note quite... There's more in-depth information on the website if you take a look.

The link "does" work. Sometimes the website may be unavailable during brief periods of time when the
host may be updating and/or maintaining the systems.

There have been a few technical difficulties and updates happening as of late.

My post is not intended to repeat information already said, but rather to summarize it all, and include some of my information and resources on Spider Gates.

Try Again.

- Jason

Kizmet

• Just Moved Here
  • Kizmet - one of Worcester's best original bands!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 04:59:38 AM »
Don't get your panties in a bundle, I was just pointing that out.  I checked again, now your link works.  Sorry for being interested, I'm sure I'll be the last one to make that mistake!
Jeremy
http://come.to/kizmet

Check us out live!
Friday Feb. 7th - Manchaug Legion (Sutton)
Saturday Feb. 22nd - Lucky Dog Music Hall
Saturday Mar. 1st - Tony's Pub (Southbridge)

timcoyle50

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 01:08:13 AM »
By the way does it have it's "Spider" gates back yet. Back in the 70s I think it was I know who "claimed" he took them

robert pitchman

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 12:16:12 AM »
I just want to make a comment on the hanging tree in Spider Gates. First of all, I lived in Nazzareth Home for boys, which was located about 1 mile from Spider Gates.  Back in 1956, Spider Gates was our playground for us kids. We used to sneak in there all the time. When Father Tinsley found out that we were hanging around in there, he gathered us all in the rec. room and told us the story about the hanging tree. After he told it not too many of us went back to Spider Gates. Around 1966 When I went back to visit, I talked to Father Tinsley about the old times. I asked him about the story of the hanging tree. He told me that it was made up by him to keep us kids away from the graveyard. Now, there must of been at least 75 kids that herd the story from Father Tinsley. Natrally when they all left the orphanage we took the story with us. In any case like most ghost storys there is more fiction than facts, otherwise the story wouldn't be interesting. I moved to South Carolina about 10 yrs. ago and to my surprise a friend from South Carolina told me a story of the hanging tree in Spider Gates. So, I went on the internet and you could of knocked me over with a feather when I found Spider Gates on the internet. The very thing that Father Tinsley told us to keep us out of Spider Gates keeps drawing us back. I myself have hung around there as a kid, im 58 yrs old now I hung around there close to every summer in the 60's and i can tell you some real stories. I can tell you a story about a root cellar behind Worc. airport.

robert pitchman

Re: Spider Gates Cemetery.ezboard.com
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 09:14:24 PM »
I just want to make a comment on the hanging tree in Spider Gates. First of all, I lived in Nazzareth Home for boys, which was located about 1 mile from Spider Gates. ?Back in 1956, Spider Gates was our playground for us kids. We used to sneak in there all the time. When Father Tinsley found out that we were hanging around in there, he gathered us all in the rec. room and told us the story about the hanging tree. After he told it not too many of us went back to Spider Gates. Around 1966 When I went back to visit, I talked to Father Tinsley about the old times. I asked him about the story of the hanging tree. He told me that it was made up by him to keep us kids away from the graveyard. Now, there must of been at least 75 kids that herd the story from Father Tinsley. Natrally when they all left the orphanage we took the story with us. In any case like most ghost storys there is more fiction than facts, otherwise the story wouldn't be interesting. I moved to South Carolina about 10 yrs. ago and to my surprise a friend from South Carolina told me a story of the hanging tree in Spider Gates. So, I went on the internet and you could of knocked me over with a feather when I found Spider Gates on the internet. The very thing that Father Tinsley told us to keep us out of Spider Gates keeps drawing us back. I myself have hung around there as a kid, im 58 yrs old now I hung around there close to every summer in the 60's and i can tell you some real stories. I can tell you a story about a root cellar behind Worc. airport.

timcoyle50

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 09:20:30 PM »
OK I thought I knew Worcester pretty well and know that orphanages name but have no idea where it was.. just where was it?

robert pitchman

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »
The boys home is on 77 Mulberry st. Right behind the Airport.

timcoyle50

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 10:54:54 PM »
You sure of that street name / spelling. Mulberry is near the main Post Office

robert pitchman

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 11:14:44 PM »
You sure of that street name / spelling. Mulberry is near the main Post Office

Yea go to this address >> Map <<

timcoyle50

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 11:58:13 PM »
OK  I forgot your in Leicester there :P

blackdog_1946

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
I am in Greenville South Carolina.

timcoyle50

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 12:10:32 AM »
I'm in N Fort Myers FL now. Born in Worcester 1952. Moved to Oregon 1986, to Maryland 2001, to here a year ago.

Go back vey often  ???

blackdog_1946

• Just Moved Here
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 12:14:31 AM »
I have to go back to worcester this June because my friends want me to take them to Spider gates.