Author Topic: St. Anne's Orphanage 1963 or earlier  (Read 34510 times)

Candy Blaisdell

St. Anne's Orphanage 1963 or earlier
« on: October 31, 2002, 08:44:51 PM »
Looking for anyone who was in the orphanage in 1963 or earlier:  Margaret Smith; Jose Gomez; Janine Dombrowski; Joan, who could really sing; Evelyn Thibadeau.

Francis Suprenant

Re: St. Anne's Orphanage 1963 or earlier
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 03:49:10 AM »
Looking for anyone who was in the orphanage in 1963 or earlier: ?Margaret Smith; Jose Gomez; Janine Dombrowski; Joan, who could really sing; Evelyn Thibadeau.

D. Marshall

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 03:49:06 AM »
I was too young to remember being there but I remember visiting it several times.  My half brother and my half sister lived there for several years mid 40's and early 50's. ::)

Dave & Gene

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:40:02 AM »
Both my brother and myself were there for about 3 years when we were young we slept on the 3rd floor , Do you rember when they had pigs and cows there and a big garden. and across the street there was a couple of nut trees.

Barbara Eastman Tatro

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:56:37 AM »
Looking for anyone who was in the orphanage in 1963 or earlier:  Margaret Smith; Jose Gomez; Janine Dombrowski; Joan, who could really sing; Evelyn Thibadeau.

I was in ST. Ann's 1951-1955.  I knew a Joan Bohighan who sang well, Ann Brewer, Barbara Ordway.
Al rember St. Prux, Sister Elizebeth Bacou, and Ms. Roy who taught 4th grade.  My best friend there was Zoe Cinncotta.  We all went to "outside school" at Asscention"  Joan had two sisters, Roseann and Mary Ann.

If you remember any of these people or their where abouts please let me know.
Barbara. (Eastman was my maiden name used at St. Ann's.

Barbara eastman Tatro

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:14:12 AM »
I was too young to remember being there but I remember visiting it several times.  My half brother and my half sister lived there for several years mid 40's and early 50's. ::)

"Who was your half sister. I was at AT. Ann's for 6-7 years.
Barabra Eastman

Barbara Eastman Tatro

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:18:18 AM »
Both my brother and myself were there for about 3 years when we were young we slept on the 3rd floor , Do you rember when they had pigs and cows there and a big garden. and across the street there was a couple of nut trees.
"I remember well.  We got big galvanized cans of milk in refectory for cereal.  I would get to refectory first and pour cream off the top before sister came in."

Barbara Eastman Tatro

Barbara tatro (eastman)

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »

St. Ann's Orphanage before 1963.    I was in St. Ann's 1951 to 1956.  was mostly on third floor with Sister Elizabeth Bacou.sgn.  I was Barbara Eastman.  My friends I remember were Ann Brewer, Barbara Ordway(singer) Joan Bohigan, Roasn Bohigan and Mary Ann Bohigan.  Ciciel Grimo, Doris Roy and the list goes on.  Would love to hear from someone.  Your singer "Joan" might be the girl that played the "mother of Bernadette in the "song of Bernadette."  I was the Blessed mother and Barbara Ordway was Bernadette.  My best friend was Zoe Cinncotta.

Barbara  Ladore@verizon.net "subject..St. Ann's

claire

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 08:46:37 PM »
Looking for anyone who was in the orphanage in 1963 or earlier:  Margaret Smith; Jose Gomez; Janine Dombrowski; Joan, who could really sing; Evelyn Thibadeau.

St. Ann's Orphanage before 1963.    I was in St. Ann's 1951 to 1956.  was mostly on third floor with Sister Elizabeth Bacou.sgn.  I was Barbara Eastman.  My friends I remember were Ann Brewer, Barbara Ordway(singer) Joan Bohigan, Roasn Bohigan and Mary Ann Bohigan.  Ciciel Grimo, Doris Roy and the list goes on.  Would love to hear from someone.  Your singer "Joan" might be the girl that played the "mother of Bernadette in the "song of Bernadette."  I was the Blessed mother and Barbara Ordway was Bernadette.  My best friend was Zoe Cinncotta.

Barbara  Ladore@verizon.net "subject..St. Ann's

Diamond

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:37 AM »
Looking for anyone who was in the orphanage in 1963 or earlier:  Margaret Smith; Jose Gomez; Janine Dombrowski; Joan, who could really sing; Evelyn Thibadeau.
My mother Gail Blaisdell was at St. Annes, and she is desperately looking for Candy Blaisdell(her sister)  Candy also has brothers, Danny, Mark, David, and a sister Paulette Blaisdell.  If anyone can contact Candy please let her know her family is looking for her.
diamondwolken@gmail.com

deacon

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
anyone know ann smith from liecester she had blonde hair,,,thanx

sthomas

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 03:57:09 AM »
Does anyone remember Mary Jane Ashey? I am her niece and am looking for historical information about the orphanage and er stay there. Any information would be great..... email at ski_247@comcast.net
Thank you

HollyBerry

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
I remember Saint Anne's Orphanage.  My now late mother use to cut their hair up there and as a child I would go along with her and play with the kids.  It had a huge wooden railing we would slide down when the nuns were not looking :-)

Joanmorley

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
I was in Saint Anne's orphanage around 1942-1945  and worked there as a house mother to teenage girl's in the mid 60's  that I loved so much. I was 4 or 5 and abused one way or the other on nearly a daily bases. I was told that my brother was dead when I couldn't see him in the divided play area. the truth was my mother took him home. Now at 76 I cant talk about that place without crying. GOD Bless all children who ever lived in fear. would like to hear from others and is there any of the teens who I was house mother to ? I used to set there hair before I went home and was allowed to bring three of them home for Thanksgiving. my name is Joan Morley. joanmorley38@yahoo.com