Author Topic: Ancestry.com posts Tithe Applotments and other items  (Read 4315 times)

EPB2020

• Just Moved Here
Ancestry.com posts Tithe Applotments and other items
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
Ancestry.com recently posted the list of the lessees and their townlands for the Tithe Applotment Lists.  This takes you back to about 1824-1833.  Apparently, not all people are listed but I was up a creek as far as some relatives in Leitrim and I had a general idea of the location and this really helped pin it down - as much as you can without further information. This is a transcription only which has its limits.   I believe you can then find a place with the microfilm and find out more information.  You can also compare it to the Griffiths to get a more complete picture.  Griffiths are there too as well as Ordinance Survey maps.  This does not tell the landlord but you could take a look at the townland in Griffiths and get some idea.  I think I found my great great great grandfather in Leitrim from this - but I need to go look at the films now to see if the last name was transcribed correctly. 

Unfortunately, you must purchase their World whatever membership which I did not want to do.  I had my husband sign up for a trial and he bought just a month's of the world one and will use it for this short time.  If you want me to look up a name if you have at least a first and last name as well as a county, I could give it a try. 

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Ancestry.com posts Tithe Applotments and other items
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »
YYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D