Author Topic: Annie Bride  (Read 7375 times)

cheryl

• Townie
Annie Bride
« on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:48 AM »
Happy Summer Everyone.   Hope all is going well.  I have a favor.  I have been searching for years for a Lily Fawkner born Boston c. 1872; found a sister born in Portland Maine 1875; just recently a marriage certificate was found for Lily Fawkner in Australia.  This confirmed that she was born in Boston, gave her mother's name as Ann Bride and changed her name to MARY ELIZABETH M FAWKNER.   So now we are back to looking for a birth in Boston.  I didn't see anything that jumped out at me readily when looking at the index but there is a marriage in 1872 for Ann Bride, Boston, 246:10.  Could someone look this up for me?  The father of this child is Thomas Jennings Fawkner, but I have never found anything in the index under his name.

Thanks Cheryl

cheryl

• Townie
Re: Annie Bride
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:00:42 AM »
Thanks for the look up Helen.   I thought it was going to be just that easy, but I guess not.  Back to searching. 

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:12:20 AM »
Have you tried McBride, the variation of Bride?   Lots of Ann McBrides being born and marrying on the index. 

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 05:17:25 AM »
Found a record on familysearch.org for Thomas J Falkner and Annie McBride marrying 1865 in Machias Maine.  We had actually found this a few months ago and felt it was a little early for the marriage.  A woman on the Maine rootsweb list looked up the vital record in a book that she owns and there was no further information.  But now that we know the mother of Lilly (Mary Elizabeth) Fawkner was Ann Bride (McBride), I would assume this was their marriage.  Now to find a death certificate.............

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »
Yay!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
Favor??  If I could get a few more look ups.  A couple of years ago, I searched for this birth but at the time we thought the child's name was Lilly.  Recently Trish found that her name was actually Mary Elizabeth Fawkner.   Could someone please look up the following two births:
Mary Faulkner Boston 1872 243:86
Female Faulkner Boston 1873 252:197

Also on familysearch.org there is a death listed for Annie T Faulkner, born 1844 Maine, widowed, died Somerville 1884, father Andrew, mother Mary

The closest I can find for this on the Mass Records search is Annie Faulkner d. 1884 Tewsbury.   Could someone check this for me also?

Thanks, Cheryl

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »
Nevermind on these two births  :-[ I just found them on familysearch.org, not our Mary Elizabeth (Lilly)