Author Topic: casella / cassella / casello **** Family Tree and History ****  (Read 12268 times)

larry

• Just Moved Here
the Casella Family settled in the Shrewsbury street area after leaving CasertaVecchia, Italy ... we grew up on steep Gage street right behind east park i have been working on a family tree website for the past few years.... it is a very slow process as i find information both here and in Italy... i visit our village in Italy every year it is a very historic village that dates back to the medieval days..

you can view our family website  click on this link    www.casellafamily.com     

i welcome any comments and/or information
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:52:57 PM by larry »

Diane

• Been Around Awhile
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: casella / cassella / casello **** Family Tree and History ****
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
Hi, I grew up in the Shrewsbury, Gage St area......are the Casella's related to Emily Sachetto?? Did the family live off SHelby St during the late 50's??? Early 60's???
Diane Bellione Morgan

cassie

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
hi diane,  my name is maryann cassella,   my brother and i grew up on steep gage st. that is the side of gage street going to bell pond..(remember that).  we had an aunt emily but her maiden name was senna.    we lived on gage street from birth until the mid 50's when are parents bought a single family home in the burncoat st area.     we graduated from commerce high and we went to elizabeth st school, what high school did you go to and what year did you graduate.  even though we moved from the shrewsbury  st.  area we always would  stray back there....we had friends and family there so we were always back in the neighborhood

Diane

• Been Around Awhile
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »
HI Maryann.......by any chance was your aunt Emily's married name Sacchetto????

cassie

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »
NO, IT WAS CASELLO......SORRY

MissCongenealogia

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 03:56:26 AM »
Hello Diane,

I'm new to the site and just saw your question about Emily Sachetto. Her maiden name was Amelia Casillo, daughter of Stanislao Casillo & Amelia Romano. Stanislao was from Grottaminarda, Avellino. Amelia married Stephen S. Sacchetto who died in Worcester in 2008.
  My name is Leanne, and I began a large project, The Italians of Worcester, Massachusetts from the 1860s to the Present. I have not decided yet what form this will take; a website or individual books compiled of vital records, ship manifests, Military registrations, newspaper obituaries, etc.

Diane

• Been Around Awhile
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 04:05:56 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply...........I'm always on the lookout for old friends from the Bell Hill, Shrewsbury St neighborhood(s). Thanks for the reply!