Author Topic: Jeremiah Dean of County Tipperary  (Read 9605 times)

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
Jeremiah Dean of County Tipperary
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
Looking for info on my Great-Great-Great Grandfather, Jeremiah Dean; he was born Ireland @1812. His Naturalization Papers state: On this 5th day of November, 1855 Jeremiah Dean of Rutland, Massachusetts, Laborer, born in the County of Tipperary Ireland having produced the evidence, and taken  and subscribed the oath , required by law, was admitted to become a citizen of the said United States, according to the acts of Congress in such case made and approved. Court at Boston. He died in Worcester 12/18/1880, buried St. John's cemetery. I have some info [not sourced] that he arrived in the U.S. in April 1849 on the" Bark Robert". 1880 Federal Censes has his first name spelled Jerimiah living at 54 benefit St. in Worcester. Would like to know what town he was from,  I cannot find an obituary for him,  I do not have any info on his parents or siblings...... any help would be much appreciated.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Jeremiah Dean of County Tipperary
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:18:56 AM »
There are two (!) Jeremiah Deans that died in Worcester two years apart.  Are you certain of the date?  There is an 1881 probate record for one of them.  The second Jeremiah was connected with Wiscasset Maine and I believe he was a bookbinder.  That one's parents were listed in the death record.  These two men could be related. Can you give us any more details?

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:08:07 AM »
Yes, I am positive on the death date. No connection to Maine. He was married to Ellen (Butler) Dean, had 6 children John, Patrick H. , Catherine, James, Michael & Martin B.  Catherine married Jeremiah O'Leary, Martin & John died in the Civil War. Michael is said to moved west no other info on him. Jeremiah was a farmer and a teamster. Early day's (1849-1859) they lived in Oakham  MA. then Rutland MA. (farmed) then moved to Worcester after 1860, Martin died in Andersonville  prison in 1864. I come down thru Catherine & Jeremiah O'Leary.

jfm51745

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:21:38 AM »
Assume this must be Jack O'L.  We've been out of touch too long.  I'm still interested in the Deans.  Please contact me at jim.mulhern5901@yahoo.com.

fivegenirish

• Been Around Awhile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:21 AM »
Hi Jim... I sent you an email with my new address ... hope to hear from you