Author Topic: WHITE CITY DINER  (Read 13532 times)

litrhody

• Just Moved Here
WHITE CITY DINER
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
hi, I am trying to find out if anyone remembers the white city diner.  It was across from white city park.  My uncles use to own it.  Michael and Charles Morgo.  Is there anyone out there that remembers?
          Anna (Morgo) Palmieri

MikeWilsonSr

• Just Moved Here
Re: WHITE CITY DINER
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:02:29 AM »
hi, I am trying to find out if anyone remembers the white city diner.  It was across from white city park.  My uncles use to own it.  Michael and Charles Morgo.  Is there anyone out there that remembers?
          Anna (Morgo) Palmieri

My Dad you to spend alot of Saturdays just hanging out at Archies Motorocycles back in the early 60s which was just down the street from the White City Diner heading into Worcester.  We used to walk over to the diner to eat when we got hungrey.  I remember the layout and the jukebox but was do not remember Michael or Charles.

kathleen

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:14:33 AM »
I grew up on Dustin St right next door to the Morgo's. Lillian & Mike lived across the street. My brother worked there for a while. I remember when they closed it they moved it. Not sure where it is now. It was out in Marlboro on a lot not opened a long time ago. We use to walk over the bridge for breakfast sometimes.

Roger (Hunt) Frost

ways to find out about Worcester City Diner and other landmarks
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
Dear Friends of Worcester Landmarks,

We have such a cherished place to live, that was trully built up and nourished by our brave elders.  I thank God for all their courage and strength.

Now, to the matter at hand.  There is a new diner on Cambridge Street that is owned by the Blanchard family; called "Blanchard 101".  It is a antique one that they restored.  Stop by this diner and inquire.  They could know the history or show the path to find the history.

Thank you for your knowledge of history of this area, and love of living here.
                                                                             Yours In Christ,
                                                                                    Roger (Hunt) Frost

mp

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
The diner is, last I knew, an Indian restaurant in Marlboro.  Ms. Palmieri - I have more information on it if you would like. 

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »
The diner is, last I knew, an Indian restaurant in Marlboro.  Ms. Palmieri - I have more information on it if you would like. 

I love and remember old Diners from the Worcester area. I'm 65 but now live in NC and still re-living the pages of my past, yes email me
jim28518@yahoo.com
or post to this web site info on the "White city diner", I remember it well.

Britastina

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »
I grew up eating at White City Diner.  I now live in Texas and can't find food as good as was prepared there.

thatsanice

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »
my cousin antonette bisceglia was married to charley im doing geaneology on our family,you can e mail me