General > Worcester Chit Chat

The Whistler Man

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bellatrees:
He use to say " Every time I see yea, your getting prettier an prettier ;) corner of freeland and cambridge Street..

LFlash216@aol.com:
I accidently came across this site while looking up another Walter Barch that recently died.
I thought I would add a little of my knowledge of "The Whistler".
Walt Barch the Fox was my uncle.
You are right, he did live on Eastern Ave. He was a boxer in the Army. He did do some time for fondeling a child. He walked for hours and miles every day. My dad was actually his guardian for a long, long time and then a nephew took things over when my dad died. He was shot in the neck while in the service which is the reason for his mental ability and his "claw" hand. His favorite quote was exactly as Bellatrees says, "your getting prettier and prettier ever time I see ya" BUT he usually didn't remember who you were unless he saw you regularly.  It's nice to know that so many people actually knew so much about him. Thanks to all that found him interesting and showed him a little kindness. Lori

rollicannoli:
he died after being release from the state hospital about 10 years ago. he spent 17 years there for a crime he said he didn't do. he lived on eastern ave  by city view school.

Neil_H_Donahue:
Just a follow up on Walters grave location.

BARCH, WALTER   
SGT   US ARMY
WORLD WAR II
DATE OF BIRTH: 03/12/1922

DATE OF DEATH: 10/04/1995
BURIED AT: SECTION 16  SITE 602
MASSACHUSETTS NATIONAL CEMETERY
 OFF CONNERY AVENUE BOURNE, MA 02532

(MAIDEN NAME Carolynn D.) was Towle:
wow the man i knew as the whistler same history as posted but didnt ...couldnt have died in 95...i saw him well after that and even way down here walking up putnam hill rd in sutton/manchaug ma. ...somewhere back in late 90's ...at least im pretty sure...i dont think it was as far back as 95 and if it was...omg time has stood still when you remember some folks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version