Author Topic: chinese restaurant on Pleasant St  (Read 20467 times)

LND

chinese restaurant on Pleasant St
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:04:02 AM »
Was there a chinese restaurant on Pleasant St close to downtown in the '60's?    

MikeWilsonSr

• Just Moved Here
Re: chinese restaurant on Pleasant St
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:25:15 AM »
The only Chinese restaurant that comes to mind was the Hong Fong but I am not sure it was on Pleasant Street.

JPF

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »
The only Chinese restaurants downtown in the 60's (that I can remember) were the Hong Fong, on Main St., and the Ding Ho, on Southbridge St., opposite the old Post Office. I understand the Ding Ho is still there.

Rob

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
I remember a Chinese restaurant on the first block of Pleasant Street, between Main St and Chestnut St. If I have my facts straight, I was in Boy Scouts with Jimmy Chin, a son of the owners.

foolsfids

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:15:53 AM »
I know their was one on pearl street also it was called the Derby American food then an asian joint.

wormgirl

• Just Moved Here
  • I used to be a Worcester resident
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
I do remember a Chinese restaurant on Pleasant St. that was right near the West Side Pharmacy near Sever St.

Barb Knox

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »
I also remember that there was a Chinese restaurant on Pleasant one block from Main.  I thought it was upstairs, but maybe not.

Barb

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »
Your probably thinking of the "Hong Fong" located on Main street less than a block from Pleasant street.

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »

Send me me an email or address so I can send you a picture of the Chinese restaurant one block over from Pleasant Street on Main Street near Pearl Street.
jim28518@yahoo.com

Massphan

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:51:24 PM »
Yes there was!

It was right up from the old Cardinal, on the same side of Pleasant if you're going towards Main St.

It is a hispanic church now but the building is still there.  Best chinese food in the city in the 70's and 80's

Lindak2

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:38 AM »
You are right. There was a chinese  restaurant on Pleasant Sty. It was on the right hand side as you headed west????. It wasn't very far from downtown.

Dave Collins

foolsfids

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 07:13:36 AM »
The Chinese restaurant on Pleasant St was called Kato's Kitchen right next to the Cardnial

Prosperos Daughter

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 06:08:26 AM »
The Chinese Restaurant on Pleasant was a branch of a larger restaurant. The one on Pleasant was run by the son. I remember going there for the grand opening and bought almost one of everything (I had never had Chinese food before) and received a teapot and bowls set as a free gift for the large purchase. I still have the tea set. The restaurant I refer to was takeout and was located somewhere between Russell St and Park Ave on the right side of the street if you were driving toward Park Ave.
I lived on Merrick St back then.

Paul P

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
  It was called Kartos Chinese Kitchen  they had the best spare ribs and pork fried rice

Marcia

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »

The Chinese restaurant by Russell and Pleasant Streets was called Ken Chin's.   Great food !!    The subsequently moved to Mill Street in Worcester...not sure if they are still there.