Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A BEACH IN WORCESTER  (Read 8077 times)

cmio

• Just Moved Here
LOOKING FOR A BEACH IN WORCESTER
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »
IN THE 60'S AND 70'S WE USE TO GO TO A BEACH IN WORCESTER THAT WAS JUST SO MUCH FUN.  THERE WAS A SLIDE GOING INTO THE WATER, A TOBOGGAN, LOG TO TRY AND STAND ON, AN ELEPHANT MADE OUT OF A BARRELL.  WE WILL BE VISITING THIS AREA THIS YEAR AND WONDERED IF IT IS STILL AROUND.  I THOUGHT IT WAS CALLED SOMETHING LIKE LAKE TATASTIC (I KNOW THAT IS TOTALLY NOT THE CORRECT SPELLING.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?  THANKS.

suzandersn

• Just Moved Here
Re: LOOKING FOR A BEACH IN WORCESTER
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »
Tatasit Beach was actually in Shrewsbury and i suspect it is long gone.

DSTONE

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 04:49:11 AM »
I remember a place we used to go to that was more like a big lake.  There were pine trees all around it and picnic tables and bbq grills.  We would get up early to go there and I really don' t remember ever seeing any other people there.  It was almost like we had the place to ourselves.  This was back in the late 50's early 60's.  I believe it was in Shrewsbury but can't remember the name.  It didn't have any water features, just a wooden pier to jump off of out in the lake.

Michelle

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »
IN THE 60'S AND 70'S WE USE TO GO TO A BEACH IN WORCESTER THAT WAS JUST SO MUCH FUN.  THERE WAS A SLIDE GOING INTO THE WATER, A TOBOGGAN, LOG TO TRY AND STAND ON, AN ELEPHANT MADE OUT OF A BARRELL.  WE WILL BE VISITING THIS AREA THIS YEAR AND WONDERED IF IT IS STILL AROUND.  I THOUGHT IT WAS CALLED SOMETHING LIKE LAKE TATASTIC (I KNOW THAT IS TOTALLY NOT THE CORRECT SPELLING.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?  THANKS.

I Know what you are talking about with the slide and the zip ine and the three level diving boards, the log in the water, and they have a bunch of tubes people can use at no charge.  I searched for lake Tatastic and what I found was Sunset Beach which is a lake and it is located at 64 Old Faith Road in Schrewsbury, MA. I went there last year and the year before that I will be attending before this summer is over. You can barbarcue if you bring the coals and fluid, the bahrooms are pretty clean and they have a small store were the kids can purchase ice cream and candy, they also have paddle boats that you can rent by the 1/2 hour or hour.
I hope this helped

jim28518

• Been Around Awhile
  • 1966 comet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
Tatastic was a pay to use beach on lake Quinsigamond (Shrewsberry side) aside "White City". It had a "water feature" a cable hung over the water from a 2 stories high platform and ran probably 100 yards.