• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Shea
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 01:37:12 AM »
Have you read those obits and got names of survivors?  Merski

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 02:34:18 AM »
I think I've looked all the Mass Databases.  I didn't see obits for the 1800s. Am I missing something?

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
I mean in your research, have you any clippings from the worcester telegram of obituaries?  If you give me a name and a death date I'll try to look it up sometime.

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 02:49:51 PM »
Thanks Merski :)

I don't know when Michael Shea died...sometime after 1880 I think (maybe in Worcester maybe in Boston)
His wife Mary Sheehan Shea died sometime before 1880 I think (maybe in Worcester)
Dennis A. Shea died 12/31/1875 in Worcester of Dropsy
His wife Mary Myers Shea died 4/2/1890 in Worcester of Pneumonia
Dennis A. Shea (Jr.) died in August of 1937 (although I think that was in Somerville or Cambridge)
I don't know when his wife (Mary Williams) died
Michael A. Williams  (her father) died in 1895 and is burried at St. John's in Worcester
Mary Connor died 2/15/1882 in Worcester and is at St. John's (she is Michael Williams' wife)

Maybe someone else out there knows of these death dates.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 06:30:30 AM »
Kat message from Jo Mason on ancestry.com
This is a "shot in the dark" but perhaps some Kerry "cousin" can help me. My Gr-grandfather, Dennis Shea, was born July, 1839 to MICHAEL and Mary (Sheehan) SHEA. (Dennis was listed as a tailor in Boston and Worcester, MA along with Cornelius and Laurence - perhaps a family trade?). If anyone has researched their MICHAEL SHEA in the following Kerry townlands or by some miracle there is a connection, would you please let me know. I would be most deeply grateful for your help. TOWNLANDS: Agnatubrid, Cahersiveen, Breahig, Coomaroher, Derrindeden, Murreagh, Derreensillagh, Farna, Carhoonahone, Rossacossane, T/Tralee. Jo in Virginia
There are other postings by her.
 :DCheryl

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 06:35:20 AM »
Are you she?? ???

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 02:31:53 AM »
Hi Cheryl,
No, I'm not she.  She was my aunt but she passed away a couple of years ago  :'(  i have her information and am trying to run with it.  It seems she couldn't get very far either.

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 05:28:49 AM »
I just spent several hours looking for obituaries of your sheas on Friday and alas couln't come up with any.  Sorry kat.  If I were you, I'd get all of the death dates and burial locations and records I could and keep your eyes open for some clues.  My Dennis shea when he died the record said his parents were Dennis and Catherine but I still can't find out where in ireland they're from either...just keep pluggin away....Merski

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 12:04:55 PM »
Hi Kat,
Have you checked the internments for these Shea and Myer families to see who is buried where and by whom?  I did notice Mary m. Dennis 1862 and Mary Myers Shea d. 1890.  In the street directories Denny (tailor), Patrick (tailor) and Cornelius (tailor) all live on ?Mechanic Street and there is also a Michael living on Mechanic Street ?1860s.  Have you investigated Patrick?
Just a thought,
Cheryl

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »
Thanks Cheryl.
I have found the Worcester City Directories and know about the names on Mechanic Street.  I think I have copies in my files but no, I haven't examined Patrick.  I will though.  Also, I have an internment card that my aunt got with some names of another line that I can check out. It may give me a hint to the Sheas. I don't have any internment cards for the Sheas. I was going to check those out on my trip to Worcester (I'm not sure when that'll be) but I think now I'll write to the church or cemetary.  I've been renewed by everyone's willingness to help on this and other message boards, you've given me ideas of lesser known avenues to look at and I really appreciate it.

cheryl

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 03:56:37 AM »
1865, death, Patrick Shea, age 21, parents Michael & Mary
1870, death, Daniel J. Shea, age 3, parents Dennis  & Mary

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 02:11:59 AM »
Cheryl, Merski
My sister and I went to Worcester this past weekend.  We had a fun time but didn't find anything really useful.  I did get a long look at the city directories and was able to determine when a suspected family member died.  I only got through the 1870s though before the Library closed.  The newspapers didn't yield anything either.  We'll go back soon now that we know the lay of the land (and boy is downtown Worcester a little bit scary).  We also found addresses of former residences and took pics.  Of course, they were vacant lots and large office complexes, but I'm glad I saw them.
Kat

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 01:58:11 AM »
Hi!  I've been off-line a few weeks...yet another move into a 2 room apt. to stay in until our house is built.  I'd be willing to meet you at 9 am on a Friday at the Library.  I tried to find obits for you and couldn't...probably too early.  Go to genforum which is a message board at genealogy.com, I think and look under Shea surname then use the term worcester massachusetts as a search term.  I saw a posting about Sheas from Fieries, near Killarney in Kerry.

osekat66

• Just Moved Here
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 04:15:31 AM »
Hahah, I think I just emailed you merski in reply to a genforum message you sent to my cousin Maureen Shea in 2003.
Do you know if she ever contacted you?
Kat

merski

• Expert Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 01:04:29 PM »
No I don't believe she has.  have you tried to google her?